We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone Heard of Travelzoop?

New York
reviews: 32
Anyone Heard of Travelzoop?

I haven't found anything on TA regarding Travelzoop. They have a website Travelzoop.com. I started receiving emails regarding their deals through dealchicken.com. Their prices seem way too good to be true. Has anyone had experience with them? Are they on the level? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Kingston, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel
reviews: 108
1. Re: Anyone Heard of Travelzoop?

Sounds like a site that's trying to ride on the coat tails of travelzoo, which is a well known website.

Beware of anything that sounds too good to be true...

ktown

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 59
2. Re: Anyone Heard of Travelzoop?

I agree with ktown, Any web site that needs to have a name that much the same as the well known travelzoo is just trying to get someone to make an error and use them by mistake!

I wouldn't touch anything on that site at all!

Missouri
3. Re: Anyone Heard of Travelzoop?

Hi,

Just read your comment from last year when I was trying to research "Travelzoop", did you ever book through them? Or hear anything else about them?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Julie

New York
reviews: 32
4. Re: Anyone Heard of Travelzoop?

No never used them. Couldn't find anything about them as to customer satisfaction. If you find anything please let me know through this post.

Thanks.

Missouri
5. Re: Anyone Heard of Travelzoop?

Thanks, I'm too nervous to mess with it. I can't find any information or opinions on them either.

Hendersonville...
reviews: 4
6. Re: Anyone Heard of Travelzoop?

Another travelzoop offer is on Dealchicken (1/29/13) for 6 nights in Florida.

Has anyone dared to experience travelzoop yet? Does anyone know the type of properties they use?

Peekskill, New York
reviews: 2
7. Re: Anyone Heard of Travelzoop?

1/29/13 - Deal Chicken advertises Travelzoop deal: $99 for 6 nights in Florida ($660 value). No information on the properties.

Sounds too good to believe

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 12
8. Re: Anyone Heard of Travelzoop?

Well what you are buying is not the actual trip- it is a certificate and then you must contact Travelzoop and try to find availability for the trip you want on the dates you want. If this is like other similar companies here in Florida , the dates you want will all magically be full every time you try and there will be so many conditions and technicalities that you will be lucky to ever redeem the certificate for anything, much less the location you wanted or may be asked to pay more to get a "premium week" unavailable at the lower price which all of them seem to suddenly become ... there is a company already operating on this system here - called PTS I believe or something like that name and there are hundreds of complaint posts on the Tampa Florida Forum as well as the BBB etc. to which a PTS employee frequently responds quite abrasively saying the people didn't get their trip because they failed to follow the terms and conditions of the offer. no one is ever able to get a refund.. I would not be surprised if this is the same bunch with a new name as they have so much negative press- or maybe it is someone trying to make quick buck the same way. That they are trying to have name that sounds like a reputable company like Travelzoo( but is not the same company) right away is a clue to me...

My advice is not to touch it...

Edited: 9:40 pm, January 29, 2013
reviews: 1
9. Re: Anyone Heard of Travelzoop?

Purchased a voucher through DealChicken at $49 for "3 day/2 night stay available at 20 locations for 2" Redeemed voucher, then order confirmation reflected purchase of 2 additional packages at regular price of $199 each.

No phone contact available for Travelzoop, has not responded to my email requesting reversal of charges since 7 days ago. Bank contacted us immediately about suspicious credit card transactions, have since cancelled card. IT IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!

10. Re: Anyone Heard of Travelzoop?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions