We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airbnb

San Francisco...
reviews: 2
Airbnb

Anyone can advise where I can find airbnb coupon? I checked online but none of them works!

Thanks in advance!

Kingston, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel
reviews: 108
1. Re: Airbnb

Can't help...didn't know coupons existed. I've heard good things about airbnb...their prices are generally quite reasonable...perhaps if you have some place in mind you should book before it's gone. I recently tried to find a place in a couple of different cities but everywhere I was interested was already booked.

ktown

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 59
2. Re: Airbnb

Air bnb is a low cost alternative so I doubt that you will find even lower priced coupons for it! Do ask in the local city forum about wherever you are planning to stay. There are good and bad places on every web site.

My son and his g-friend had a great stay in San Francisco with an AirBnB listing but who knows if it would be the same in every city!

Raleigh, North...
reviews: 45
3. Re: Airbnb

We stayed in New Orleans with air B&B ....great experience all round.

Scotts Valley...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Airbnb

I just used Airbnb and would *not* use them again! In addition to charging the renter a service fee for reserving a place from their website, they charge you the full rental fee immediately upon securing the reservation even if it's many months from your departure date and they hold on to the money, not the person renting the unit. Most places charge a deposit initially and then require full payment two or three months in advance. Airbnb is running a scam! I'm going back to VRBO.com

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
5. Re: Airbnb

My son and his g-friend have used Air BnB successfully in San Francisco,Paris, and Hawaii(Maui). I believe you need to do your research carefully as with any other rental site. There will always be some folks who you'd not want to stay with again! As for payment , I'd expect that the site mentions the fact that you will be charged when you make the res. I'd not call that a scam since you can choose to use them or not.

I do not pay in advance for my lodging but others want to do that if they think it will save them money!

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
6. Re: Airbnb

I agree with Riff. The terms and conditions are not a scam. That is just how airbnb operates. You can choose to accept the terms or go somewhere else, but it's not accurate to call it a scam.

Perth, Western...
7. Re: Airbnb

We have just completed a two week multi-site trip to the USA including using AirBnB accommodation in New York, New Orleans and Washington DC.

All accommodation was as advertised and the terms and conditions are clearly stated on the site. The rant about a scam is clearly not valid.

The business model for AirBnB is sound with both hosts and guests being reviewed and money management of the rent is a strong selling point. It appears "thewarg2" failed to understand these operating principles.

I'd have no hesitation using AirBnB again, in fact I'd say it is now our preferred approach to tourist accommodation, we met or interacted with very helpful hosts. Our New Orleans host was outstanding.

8. Re: Airbnb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:58 am, November 22, 2012
Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 30
9. Re: Airbnb

We have stayed in many Airbnb properties and I always try to book with them if I can! In my experience the prices are extremely reasonable and the hosts are terrific. I like to rent apartments or flats when we travel so that we have our own kitchen. Airbnb offers prices far less than hotel rooms and so much more space to make your home away from home. Highly recommend checking them out next time you are booking your travel! My sister-in-law is an Airbnb host in Vancouver, and she really enjoys the people she meets who stay with her. They are a very reputable company.

Anchorage, Alaska
reviews: 31
10. Re: Airbnb

I have to say I just had a very trying experience with them as well- we reserved a place to sleep 5 two months in advance, then quickly found out we couldn't bring everyone so attempted to cancel or scale down. Even though it was six weeks in advance, they would not remove the fees (over $1600!). They said "you clicked the box" etc. They apparently have a three level of severity cancelation policy- I somehow missed this? I feel like it is a very unfriendly set up- while is is supposedly individuals sharing private spaces, it appears to be a place where some out of state landlords own lots of units and make a tidy sum on things like this. I would only recommend staying at places with a reasonable cancellation policy and AVOID the ones who use the severe one- they are probably doing it for a reason.