We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone tried secretescapes.com?

Wellingborough...
reviews: 5
Anyone tried secretescapes.com?

Hi,

I've seen some good offers on secretescapes.com and I was wondering if anyone's used them?

It looks a bit like Groupon, and I've been disappointed with most of the things I've had from there.

Can anyone vouch for Secret Escapes?

89 replies to this topic
11. Re: Anyone tried secretescapes.com?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 am, February 04, 2013

London, United...
12. Re: Anyone tried secretescapes.com?

I wouldn't recommend it

13. Re: Anyone tried secretescapes.com?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 pm, January 16, 2013

London, United...
reviews: 152
14. Re: Anyone tried secretescapes.com?

I have booked two hotels through Secret Escapes. The first was through one of the general sale offers, booked in September 2012 for a stay in January 2013, and the second was one of the 'impulse' offers, booked on Thursday for a stay last night. Both were absolutely fine, no problems at all.

In both cases I received a confirmation email from SE with a booking reference. For the first booking I emailed the hotel to check they had the booking, because it was a special occasion, and they replied immediately in the affirmative. For the second, the hotel emailed me with a pre-check in questionnaire so I knew that booking was OK.

Sorry to hear some other people have had such awful problems with SE, but I can only give my experience which has been 100% positive. Maybe things will improve now that the site is owned by the Evening Standard?

Ipswich, United...
reviews: 1
15. Re: Anyone tried secretescapes.com?

i wouldnt use secret escapes, they took my money and then informed me that i could no longer travel on those dates due to an error on their website. They refused to pay the differance to travel on another date and only offered a refund, also refused to refund the booking i had made for travel too and from the airport. I have checked with the hotel and they have plenty of rooms available on those dates, so am a little confused, currently still waiting for a call.....I won't be holding my breath.

Seemed too good to be true and it was.

Southampton, United...
reviews: 4
16. Re: Anyone tried secretescapes.com?

Used Secret Escapes for the first time booking a 2 day stay at The Highworth Hotel in Highworth, Wiltshire, Thurs 21 and Fri 22 Feb 2013. The process was straightforward and the Hotel staff were awaiting our arrival so no problem with communication. There was definitely a financial saving and the cost of the stay was far less than I would normally pay at an ordinary hotel let alone one in a listed building. My only advice is to take the time to read the Trip Advisor reviews - all of them both good and bad - so you know what to expect. Will be writing a review on The Highworth as well (only ever written one review before) as we will certainly be returning.

Stoke-on-Trent...
reviews: 1
17. Re: Anyone tried secretescapes.com?

Yes and was delighted.

We ended up at the Crowne Plaza at Heathrow with Parking for 3 Weeks for just over £100.00

Could not have Parked the car for that.

Will use Secret Escapes again.

London, United...
reviews: 2
18. Re: Anyone tried secretescapes.com?

Lately we were attractive to Secret Escapes Ad and spotted a hotel in Barcelona , we x-checked with other active websites and discovered almost same price and finally we booked directly with hotel because it was cheaper with same extra, despite what Secret Escapes claimed the "extra" only available from them !!!!

Middlesbrough...
reviews: 3
19. Re: Anyone tried secretescapes.com?

I booked two nights in a hotel and printed off acceptance and cash was deducted from my account only for Hotel to ring and say I couldn't have the dates booked!. Got full refund but will not rely on their services again. Try Easy Breaks.

Southampton, United...
reviews: 2
20. Re: Anyone tried secretescapes.com?

I've just had a two day stay at the metropole hotel booked through secret escapes at a very good savings.

The hotel it self was very good . So would not hesitat in booking again with them.

Reply to: Anyone tried secretescapes.com?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted