We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Citrus Holidays

Coventry UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Citrus Holidays

Avoid this company like the plague - we booked a Marrakesh holiday with them and less than one week later they withdrew the flight but refused to refund the supplement of £80 that was charged. I then cancelled the whole trip and 4 weeks later I am still waiting for a refund.

NOT TO BE TRUSTED. I found them on Travel Zoo

80 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
7,493 posts
31 reviews
1. Re: Citrus Holidays

i feel for you, elaine. but sadly: if we all avoided companies which did this - then no-one would go anywhere. so far this year - i have seen the same complaint against

first choice

thomas cook

and in previous years, i have had balkan pull the same stunt. they transferred us to a flight which had previously been 'nil' supplement, which magically sprouted the same supplement as we had paid for our local airport....and they said we could not cancel, without losing the deposit. i believe this has changed now...

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,584 posts
52 reviews
2. Re: Citrus Holidays

Very simple, assuming you paid by credit card and the total amount was over £100. Just phone up your credit card company and ask them to make the refund per Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act, see which.co.uk/consumer-rights/…

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
3. Re: Citrus Holidays

Rude Sale Mngr non responsive staff not great communication"

Let me start with if you just need to book a holiday and if you get everything right on the first go then you are alright to use citrus holiday.

But if you have any issues - for example like me (issue with name change -maiden/married) then you are doomed.After chasing the agents that I booked the holiday with in the first place for almost 10 days after the booking - I was finally told that the price would be 120 to change my name on flight/hotel/train. But when I explained that i had recently changed my name even though i got married ages ago - I was talked to rudely and disrespectfully by their so called sales manager who said easy jet wont change names just because i decided to change it now even though i got married ages ago. After a 20 minutes conversation/and about 20 emails after that- with the sales lady manager who wouldn't listen and kept telling me off I concluded the phone call.And a simple phone call and email to easy jet and all hotels got my name changed just like that.

Sales lady kept on changing her statement and kept on adding new fees like reprint fess etc.

No idea who taught her customer service...

so avoid if you can - but if you really want to book with them - make sure you have the right details in the first place.

North Shields...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
4. Re: Citrus Holidays

I booked a holiday in Marrakech with Citrus Holidays. The date of the return flight was changed & they handled the situation very inefficiently. The company didn't do anything I could not have done myself & I would not recommend it. I wrote a letter of complaint but have received no reply!

Level Contributor
75 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Citrus Holidays

For Morocco I book flights and accommodation separately. Maybe if there's an ash cloud you're in trouble but I think it's quite easy to set your budget, book flights, look at reviews and book your accommodation based on reviews here and elsewhere. Most riads will sort out what you want to do at a better price than travel agents/companies.

Makes it more of an adventure.

I hope all of the above got it sorted and had happy holidays.

Edited: 7:02 pm, October 29, 2012
London, United...
1 post
6. Re: Citrus Holidays

Im not going to Marrakech but I wish I had read this post earlier.

I booked three tickets to Thailand costing £3000 two weeks ago. They sent me flight confirmation but still as of now I'm still waiting for my E-tickets. I fly out in 4 days time. Every time I phone or email all I ever hear is "its our allocation" and you will get it tomorrow/thursday/the weekend/72 hours, These are the excuses I keep hearing. I have planned this holiday for ages and booked and paid for domestic flights in and around Thailand.

If these tickets get cancelled or delayed Im going to be fuming.

This is the first and last time I ever use these guys!!!

Edited: 3:06 pm, December 13, 2012
Level Contributor
25 posts
77 reviews
7. Re: Citrus Holidays

Citrus obviously haven't improved. I tried to book a holiday to Sardinia a few days ago, with the Travelzoo offer. The price had gone up slightly but I booked it, gave all my card details only to be told I needed to confirm by e-mail. As I was on the move in London, it was some time before I could reply. They then said they hadn't received my confirmation but the priced had gone up again. Trying to "rescue" the holiday, I tried phoning again and the price had gone up yet again.

Incidentally, in the e-mail I received from them, it states they can increase the price, even AFTER you have booked, and up to 30 days before you travel. I didn't think any company could do this AFTER you had made the booking?

London, United...
1 post
8. Re: Citrus Holidays

I travelled with Citrus holidays before and they were really great in organising everything.I was really happy with the holiday. I dont understand why people will complain about the email confirmation as they do it all in writing which is for our own benefit. They do not book anything till the time you dont reply back. It took me some time to reply them back but they gave me the same price for the holiday but they did mentioned that if i donot reply the same day they will not be able to book the holiday at the same pricewhich is standard with every company.I booked 3 months in advance but they never changed any prices..Overall i had a great experience with them

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
9. Re: Citrus Holidays

I can fully endorse the other negative comments on this company. I booked a holiday and paid for two transfers to and from the airports.

On arrival in Italy nobody picked me up and after several phone calls to their partner company in Italy (Eden Viaggi)I had to pay €70 for a taxi.to get me to the resort. Citrus Travel knew of the problem on 29 April, my arrival date, but I got no apology or update of any kind during the week I stayed at the resort despite asking three of four times for news.

On my return to UK, 7 May I emailed Citrus Holidays and the following day called them. Only the Sales Office was available - the customer service department was 'unavailable' and nobody would speak to me. I was told any response to my email would take 14 working days, even though they had known of the problem a week before I emailed.

On 7 May I wrote to the MD who did not reply to my letter.

I waited 14 working days - still nothing from the company.

I then took advice from the Consumer Help line and wrote a recorded delivery letter to Citrus quoting the Acts they were contravening by taking my money and not providing the promised service.

This produced a result within 24 hours and they promised to refund me £5 mobile phone bill and £64 which would take another '7-10 working days' to reach my bank.

Without my second letter quoting the law would they have ever got in touch with me again - I leave it to you to judge! I can honestly say I shall not be taking up their offer of £15 off my next trip booked through them.

Edited: 8:08 pm, June 03, 2013
10. Re: Citrus Holidays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 pm, June 12, 2013
Edited: 3:35 pm, June 12, 2013
Reply to: Citrus Holidays
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted