We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alpha Flight Guru

Sydney
reviews: 4
Alpha Flight Guru

Anyone heard or used this group for discounted business and/or first class travel? Are they legit?

72 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 17
11. Re: Alpha Flight Guru

To repeat an earlier post, their business model is built on violating airline terms and conditions. Doesn't mean you can't get a ticket at a discount, just know that you risk having your ticket cancelled without warning if the airline should find out.

12. Re: Alpha Flight Guru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 am, February 26, 2013

13. Re: Alpha Flight Guru

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:06 pm, February 26, 2013

Edinburgh, United...
14. Re: Alpha Flight Guru

Not sure what scare mongering you're referring to. Can you find a single post where somebody claimed they were violating any laws? On the contrary, it has been pointed out numerous times that what they are doing is NOT illegal, but that it is against airline T&C. That obviously means you'll be taking a chance that the airline doesn't find out what you're doing. If you want to take that chance it's fine by me but at least people should be made that it's there.

Edited: 6:21 pm, February 26, 2013
15. Re: Alpha Flight Guru

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:11 pm, January 11, 2015
Edited: 9:11 pm, January 11, 2015

sydney
reviews: 134
16. Re: Alpha Flight Guru

go for it and save.......I did and was a good experience

Doha, Qatar
17. Re: Alpha Flight Guru

this reminds me of an earlier thread. Yes, something's fishy.

The company may purchase ticket using frequent flyer miles. This may contradict the arrlines' rules. So what? The real question is the vehemence, the virtiol of the detractors on the thread. Why are they so angry and concerned about it? Are there some on this site who are trolling for the airlines or for travel agents who stand to lose because of this business?

Edinburgh, United...
18. Re: Alpha Flight Guru

"This may contradict the arrlines' rules. So what?"

So the airline will cancel your ticket if they find out.

Doha, Qatar
19. Re: Alpha Flight Guru

from experince, I don't think it happens as often as you'd like everyone to believe. And what do you care if they do? Why such a vested interest? On whose behalf are you speaking?

Edinburgh, United...
20. Re: Alpha Flight Guru

I don't recall ever saying how often it happens? I personally don't care since I would never use AFG but feel others that may not know better should better should be made aware of the potential risk (since AFG don't bother to mention it). I've got no vested interest, as I said in earlier post, if people want to buy from them it's fine by me.

Why are *you* so upset that people explain their business model?

Edited: 5:02 am, March 20, 2013
Reply to: Alpha Flight Guru
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted