We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alihoco

South Wales
reviews: 11
alihoco

has anyone used the comapny allinclusive.co.uk also known as alihoco? I am looking for an all inclusive holiday and they are so much cheaper than the main tour operators I am tempted. They are ABTA and ATOl but I dont know anyone who has used them

rochester, uk
reviews: 7
1. Re: alihoco

I've just seen these as well, was just about to ask the same question! Any idea who they use for their flights? Just concerned about legroom for my hubby who is 6' 8"?? Hope someone can help!

Kingston, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel
reviews: 108
2. Re: alihoco

I did a search of the forums and didn't get any hits.

I would choose to steer clear of them due to the lack of experienced travelers on here giving them reviews. Not worth the risk to me.

ktown

Stoke-on-Trent...
reviews: 3
3. Re: alihoco

Hi All,

I hope that you don't mind me commenting on this thread. It is true that we are a new business which was founded in September 2010.

I find it a little unfair that we are judged under 'steer clear' due to being a relatively new business. We are a member of the Freedom Travel consortium and all our packages are covered under full ATOL and ABTA licenses.

Please feel free to give our team a call on 0800 004 2525 and to ask for myself and I would be very happy to talk through things with you.

Best regards,

Pete Warsop

Director

Alihoco.

4. Re: alihoco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 pm, January 18, 2012
Kingston, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel
5. Re: alihoco

It is what it is - I'm very cautious.

A google search showed very little as well. Basically your web site and the site offered to us be TomW78 which shows 6 reviews I believe, all from one time posters.

If your company does right by its customers you will likely build up a happy customer base that will inevitably find their way to TA to post their experiences. Hopefully it will not simply be a lot of people who join only to say how wonderful your company is though - unfortunately that also seems to scare people off from using sites.

TomW78 - Are you also an employee of alihoco? If you are your post is in violation of the TA terms and conditions. Sorry, but it just seems odd that you joined to basically post a defence of alihoco.

ktown

Stoke-on-Trent...
6. Re: alihoco

Hi ktown,

Thank you for your feedback. I too am cautious when booking online. I am sure that you will agree that it takes time for additional information to appear online other than a website and social media platforms that we currently have whilst the business is growing?

TomW78 is indeed a staff member of Alihoco and he was not aware that this broke any TA T's&C's. Apologies if this is the case and I will ask him to remove the post. I would not describe his actions as a 'defence' as we have nothing to be defensive about. We just care about our business.

Best regards,

Pete Warsop

Edited: 5:36 pm, January 18, 2012
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
7. Re: alihoco

Pete W and TomW78: As long as someone does not openly solicit for a company and they make a full disclosure upfront of their affiliation, they are allowed to post and offer advice to the forum. This happens often on the Air Travel forum by customer service folks, especially at 3rd party booking sites. I think ktown's opinion was that directing someone to another website - not TripAdvisor - with single time "testimonial" posters, called into question the authenticity of those responses. It's hard enough on this forum to read through some of the obviously "planted" posts here (trolls) in favor or against a company. Anyways, that's my personal opinion as a Destination Expert and someone who reads this forum.

Stoke-on-Trent...
8. Re: alihoco

Hi bk_t1,

Thank you for your post and for clarifying the point about what is allowed/not allowed on forums.

I felt the need to write a post originally as ktown voiced an opinion on Alihoco without her having any first hand experience of our business. I'm sure you can agree that it was improper to do this. ktown's point regarding Review Centre came a little later again with a presumption of deception on our behalf.

Many thanks again for your post.

Pete Warsop

Kingston, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel
9. Re: alihoco

It was not "improper" to voice my opinion. I now have the opinion that due to my treatment by alihoco, I would never use them. I never 'presumed' deception either; I was looking for clarification.

Keep typing Pete...let potential customers see how you deal with the public.

ktown

Edited: 3:25 pm, January 19, 2012
Kingston, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel
10. Re: alihoco

From the TA guidelines, found here tripadvisor.com/help/what_are_the_guidelines… -

"If you'd like to participate in a discussion related to your business or a competitor's business, we ask that you clearly state your affiliation as a representative. Our members are entitled to this information so that they can be aware of any potential bias in your comments. A simple statement like, "Hi, I'm John from XYZ Tours," is sufficient disclosure."

Since TomW78 is an employee of alihoco, he broke the TA guidelines with his post. I see that it has in fact been removed.

ktown

Get answers to your questions