We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

don't use Agoda

Queensland
reviews: 55
don't use Agoda

I used Agoda to make a booking, I realise that I made a mistake when booking, but their website is not easy to use, but now they have taken my money, and will not reply to emails and I just get fobbed off on tlephone calls, and these telephone calls are international for me. I used Agoda only because with them being on Trip advisor I thought I would be safe. And have support. If I needed it. I have used booking agents before, like wotif, and last minute, with no problems. I am sadly disappionted as a regular and so called senior contributor I thought i would get more help.

16 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 38
1. Re: don't use Agoda

Hi babiesquuensland ~

Unfortunately, TA has nothing to do with those 3rd party online booking agencies that a user clicks through to. They are independent companies from TA with completely separate websites. I don't know what the booking problem you had was, but you might have recourse by disputing the charge with your credit card company. That dispute is usually around services not provided.

The senior contributor thing is simply mirror candy. That is when a user sees him/herself reflected back because of x number of reviews. It has absolutely no bearing on getting more or better service from TA.

FWIW, I use those 3rd party booking sites for information and comparison shopping only, then book directly with the airline. At least the airline has the authority to deal with anything that goes sideways.

Edited: 8:47 pm, December 09, 2011
Australia
reviews: 20
2. Re: don't use Agoda

It is impossible to contact Agoda.

Their answering services ask for booking numbers and when these are given from their own emails you are informed that these are invalid.

Also when you request your Member ID and Password and these are then sent via email the system (their system) tells you that these are invalid.

I believe that TripAdvisor should not allow Agoda to use their site as it is dragging down the fine reputation of TripAdvisor.

Agoda is quite obviously a dodgy organisation.

uk
reviews: 13
3. Re: don't use Agoda

I agree - don't use Agoda. how can I use Trip Advosor to warn other travellers of Agoda's hopeless systems & service? Bob

Charlotte, NC
reviews: 158
4. Re: don't use Agoda

I am sorry you had a bad experience, but: "I realise that I made a mistake when booking, " says it all. Regardless of which 3rd party (Priceline, Hotwire, Skyauction, Booking.com) - if it is a mistake & you agree to their terms (non-refundable, etc. - you have to obey their rules = contract.

The bottom line is: Read & double check before you click...

If the hotel cannot "match" 3rd party's low price, then Agoda & others are great. I had several bookings done through Agoda and all were fine. But I also "follow up" directly with the hotel, usually just to make sure I have a room - by requesting rooms away from elevators, ice-machines, etc. That way, I have some Email/Fax from them..

Agoda is part of Priceline.com

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agoda

Edited: 10:14 am, January 08, 2013
Charlotte, NC
reviews: 158
5. Re: don't use Agoda

tripadvisor.com/…44921121

uk
6. Re: don't use Agoda

My problem has been that their system doesn't work. I'm told I will be receiving booking info/ password etc in a few minutes but that doesn't happen. I've had to spend a lot of time getting through to a human being on the phone who eventually got me what I needed by sending me an email herself. I've also been on to the hotel to double check.. Customers don't need to go through this inconvenience when there are many well organized companies who provide a better.service.

Ottawa
reviews: 1
7. Re: don't use Agoda

I had found a post suggesting to try calling their Singapore office:

"dont call that+44 (0)20 3027 7900 number. try calling their Singapore contact no. +6566221500."

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k490…

hope that helps

Kelowna, Canada
reviews: 8
8. Re: don't use Agoda

I wish to be perfectly clear ... DON'T USE AGODA .

The company charged an unwarranted service fee, and when I called the Customer Care number from Canada the Agoda representative told me that I would be reimbursed. That didn't happen. I called back and spoke to another representative who also told me that I would be reimbursed. Again, my money wasn't returned.

As a consequence, I had to 'block' my VISA credit card and have another one reissued.

There are too many travel sites on the Internet to be stuck with such an awful company.

Please learn from my mistake and avoid Agoda at all costs.

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 119
9. Re: don't use Agoda

I've had no trouble with Agoda-- have got some great deals over the years. However, success with Agoda rests on nothing going wrong. Call your credit card company and dispute the charges.

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
10. Re: don't use Agoda

I have used Agoda. Was no problem, but didn't need to change it. I am now spammed by them now however.

Reply to: don't use Agoda
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions