We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

International Vacation Services / Travel Services Unlimited

Fayetteville...
International Vacation Services / Travel Services Unlimited

Has anyone had any experience with either of these two companies? International Vacation Services holds seminars offering free trips and great savings through Travel Services Unlimited. Greatly appreciate any info anyone has on them.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
1. Re: International Vacation Services / Travel Services Unlimited

You might want to do an internet search, since your last post didn't get any responses either. Here are a couple website links to start:

complaintsboard.com/complaints/international…

bbb.org/charlotte/business-reviews/travel-cl…

Westminster...
2. Re: International Vacation Services / Travel Services Unlimited

I have my husband and I went to this bought the package in July we still have not gotten the free trip that was promised after we mailed all our stuff and more money in. The condos and everything else is a joke. They take 3 to 6 weeks to get back to you with a price and I have asked for 6 and all 6 I was told they can't help me with that or they got the same price I got off the internet. Tried to get my money back but they won't let me. I am sitting down this week and writting a letter to the better Business bureau and anyone else that will listen to me. This company is a scam save your money. It is not worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, World Cup
reviews: 3,069
3. Re: International Vacation Services / Travel Services Unlimited

1234funtravel

Sorry to hear of your experience. Thank you for sharing as hopefully others will benefit from this post and be able to avoid the making the same mistakes.

This should serve as a note to all to seriously do some research on all service related businesses prior to sending them your money.

Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 38
4. Re: International Vacation Services / Travel Services Unlimited

I'm also dealing with Travel Services Unlimited. I've tried to book 3 different trips with them (2 to Sandestin Florida) and one anytime in Curacau or Bonaire in January of February. They said they have no wholesales prices on any of those destinations. Your kidding, right? I saved over $100 by booking my rental car myself instead of the price I got through them.

I am disputing the charge with my credit card company, for services not received, as it is within 90 days of purchase. I would suggest others do it as well, if it's within 90 days.

My "free" airfare and "free" cruise cost me $174. Does anyone every get these?

-Linda

Evansville,in
5. Re: International Vacation Services / Travel Services Unlimited

I will be in there meeting on wed should i ask a bunko team to wire me or just tape them myself

North Pole, New York
reviews: 88
6. Re: International Vacation Services / Travel Services Unlimited

we attended the seminar and understand we have a condo/timeshare package. The presentation stated we would also enjoy reduced rates for other services such as hotels and all inclusives for example. Reading their site we see they can save us an estimated 10 - 20% off these hotels and not the 50% they stated in the presentation.

Another concern is we have 3 days to review the services (by state law) and we can't access the services until we get our paperwork. So this is looking very much like a timeshare offer that is hidden under alot of misrepresentation.

Any one have any info?

Westminster...
7. Re: International Vacation Services / Travel Services Unlimited

Do not do anything with this company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My husband and I paid for this have asked for 7 trips none have come thru prices are higher then you can get on the internet. Have tried to get back my money and no luck. Free crusise that is a joke they just sent me mine. We mailed it out the day we got it and then they charged us all kinds of fees one because we did not take it in there time frame when we couldn't because it said we had to book it so many days from the date we recieved it. This is my free cruise they sent me. I can book it on line for $1,269.48 they are charging me $1,207.48 for our free cruise. Someone really needs to look into this company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your cruise offer is for the Carnival Freedom sailing from Fort Lauderdale

On 4/1/2012 going to Key West, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios for 6 nights.

Fees listed are per person and as follows:

Booking surcharge: $99.00

Port fees: $159.00

Taxes: $95.74

Mid-season surcharge: 300.00

4E Cabin: (entry level-1A/porthole not available)

The total per person for a 4E cabin with 2 twin beds (converts to king bed) is: $653.74

Upgrades available are listed per person and are additional to the above amount:

Cabin – Ocean view: $120.00

Total for Ocean view: $773.74 per person

Cabin-Balcony: $250.00

Total for Balcony: $903.74 per person

**Offers are time-sensitive and need a response quickly as we cannot guarantee availability.**

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Due to the volume of offers that are sent for one requested travel month we will not be able to respond to voice messages promptly. So, please understand this when you do not receive a call back right away. We do not make phone calls to give cruise offers either. Most correspondence is done via email.

To accept or decline this offer please respond by replying to this email stating that you would like to either accept or decline. Please do not send multiple messages as it slows down the response time.

If you have an air voucher and you have submitted a request to match travel with your cruise request, then please reply stating you want to use your air. If you have not submitted a request for air to match your cruise then it will not be considered for redemption at this time.

The above offer is based on availability. All sailings for every cruise line are not available within our allotment. Your cruise offer may not be the exact date, sailing, or cruise line of your choosing and on some occasions may be less than 7 nights. However the sailing for your offer has been selected based on your request.

The fees listed in your offer are per the terms and conditions. If you have any questions regarding such fees please refer back to these terms. Also, if you are going to price compare with the cruise line's website please make sure to follow through like you are making a booking to see what the final total will be before assuming price difference.

If you have questions regarding the offer I have listed some frequently asked questions and answers for you in order to help you understand the offer. Please read the following:

FAQ's

1. I was told this was for a “free” (or “complimentary”) cruise. Why do I have to pay all of these fees?

- The certificate is designed for use as an incentive to companies to offer to clients in return for their business or time. Sometimes these companies may describe the certificate by calling it “free” or “complimentary”. Yes, the base fare of the cruise is the free gift. However, there are government fees and a booking surcharge involved in order to cruise and to redeem your certificate. So, in reality it is not totally free. The terms and conditions are specifically described on the certificate and it is your responsibility to read these terms before you activate your voucher. All of the fees are listed in the terms and you are responsible to pay the listed fees to redeem the certificate.

2. Why do I have to pay a booking surcharge?

-This fee is listed in term #2 as part of the fees that you will be responsible for and is required in order to redeem your certificate.

3. Why does my "Welcome Packet" state that the booking surcharge will be $49 per person and you are charging me $99?

-We reserve the right to change our terms and conditions at any time per term #10 on your certificate's rules. At this time $99 per person is the amount for the booking surcharge.

4. What about the money I already sent?

- Your deposit will be applied towards the fees listed in the offer.

Ex: $399 per person = $798 minus your deposit of $99 = $699 due to book your cruise.

5. Why am I being charged an upgrade fee for an inside cabin when my certificate is good for an outside cabin?

- Your certificate is valid for an entry level outside cabin. This is a porthole cabin. These cabins are on the 1st passenger deck with bunk beds. There are only about 6-10 of these per ship. If it was not offered then it is not available, meaning this category is sold out. Since this is an entry level cabin any other cabin offered would be considered an upgrade.

6. Why am I being charged a "Port not included" fee?

- This fee is for particular ports that are not included with your certificate and is listed as term #6 in your terms and conditions. You may choose any port but some will incur and additional fee such as but not limited to: Baltimore, Boston, Charleston, Cape Liberty, New York, and Norfolk.

7. Why am I being charged a "Ship not included" fee?

- This fee is for particular ships, such as but not limited to: the Dream, Magic, Allure, Oasis, Epic and Freedom. These ships are not included with your certificate and is listed as term #6 in your terms and conditions. These ships are the newest ships the cruise lines have to offer and they do charge more for them and that is why they are not included under your certificate. You may sail on them but you will have to pay the additional fee for them.

8. Why are you charging me a holiday surcharge?

-The holiday surcharge is for any sailing with a Federal Holiday within 7 days either side of the sailing dates. This is also stated in term #2.

9. Why are you charging me a mid-season or peak-season surcharge?

-The certificate is specifically valid for travel September - December any requests for travel outside of these months will incur an additional surcharge which will be listed as either mid or peak season. This is also stated in term #2.

10. Why are you offering 5 or 6 nights when my certificate entitles me to a 7 night cruise?

-Some ports do not offer 7 night cruises and that is usually why you will get a 6 or 5 night offer. In some cases there is not availability within our allotment so we will then offer you the best sailing available for that port based on dates requested.

8. Re: International Vacation Services / Travel Services Unlimited

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:42 am, February 12, 2012
9. Re: International Vacation Services / Travel Services Unlimited

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

10. Re: International Vacation Services / Travel Services Unlimited