We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel club?

niwot, colorado
reviews: 1
travel club?

What is Stratus Travel? They offer a free cruise for two with airfare for attending a presentation.

79 replies to this topic
san jose
reviews: 2
71. Re: travel club?

Anyone know an address for them?

san jose
reviews: 2
72. Re: travel club?

Hey can you send me the link to the BBB report? For some reason I can't pull it up and am trying to get info on them since we were scammed also.

TY!

Saint Louis...
73. Re: travel club?

My wife and I went to this presentation a couple of weeks ago in STL, only it appears now they are going by the name Endless Travel and not Stratus. We couldn't have paid for that membership because we other financial responsibilities at this time which would make it impossible for us to afford this product right now. It was a bit out of our price range even when they dropped the price with all the "discounts" they offered us. It sounded like it would be a really great club to join if you really get all those discounts and vacation benefits for you and your family that they claim. After I got home from the presentation I searched them on the internet out of curiosity and did find some shoddy remarks about them on different forums. According to some of the accounts, they change their name and move around a lot. The address where I attended the presentation was:

11500 Olive Blvd suite 152 Creve Coeur, MO

Here are some links that I looked at:

bbb.org/stlouis/business-reviews/travel-agen…

bbb.org/san-diego/…

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-877-356-3724

I figured that the two companies were connected after I searched the owner's name and he is listed as the owner of both companies. The one where you attended in California and the one here now in STL. It looks like there are a lot of companies out there doing these types of sales presentations for vacation clubs.

There were a couple of couples that bought at the time we attended the presentation. With all the remarks out on the internet they do seem a bit suspicious, however, it does seem that they are selling a lot of these memberships and I haven't found any comments about anyone who have tried to use it and reported that they didn't get the savings they were promised in the presentation. Most complaints are about people that bought the membership but cancelled it after they went home, read some comments on the internet, and got buyer's remorse, but nothing about people who have actually kept the membership and didn't receive the benefits they were promised in the presentation. I would be interested in hearing your story of how you got "scammed". Did you purchase the membership, then try and use it and it didn't work for you? If you know of any accounts of people that have kept the membership and the product didn't work for them then I would be intrigued to read any information you have of their accounts as well as your own. If you really did get scammed I hope you can get your money back. Good luck

Walla Walla...
reviews: 8
74. Re: travel club?

Run out of any vacation seminars from Stratus Vacation Club as fast as you can. Got suckered into a spendy pkg., and there were no savings and no deals. Just quit after one year, but they already charged me for this coming year and won't refund my money. They have an F from the BBB in Florida, but I just filed a complaint anyway. Do your homework travelers. Learned a costly lesson too late.

Phoenix, Arizona
75. Re: travel club?

You can get all the same benefits as any club ... and I mean ANY club ... for $150 a year through Gold Crown Vacations. No contracts, obligations or hidden fees. Plus you have unlimited use, and receive $2500 vacation credit each year.

Stillwater...
reviews: 76
76. Re: travel club?

These scam artists are operating in Hudson, Wisconsin today. We attended the presentation. Don't waste your time and especially not your money. There's a sucker born every minute. Don't be the one that falls for these shady characters.

77. Re: travel club?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, December 19, 2012

78. Re: travel club?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 am, May 06, 2013

Edwards, California
79. Re: travel club?

I got suckered into it. Their website is www.stratusonline.net

Reply to: travel club?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted