We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getaroom.com

north wales
reviews: 6
Getaroom.com

Looking to book hotel in Honolulu, Get a Room are offering best prices. Anybody used this company?

79 replies to this topic
Charlotte, NC
reviews: 159
1. Re: Getaroom.com

Here is some info., though I have never booked with them; I usually book through the well kinown co's such as Expedia, Orbitz or just call the hotel & negotiate a price similar to "Name your own".. Lately, I have also tried airbnb.

…toptenreviews.com/getaroom-review.html

Part of hotels.com?

…newsweek.com/budgettravel/2009/09/get_a_roo…

…dallasnews.com/archives/2009/07/weve-got-em…

Complaints:

complaintsboard.com/complaints/getaroomcom-c…

As always, I google complaints against co. & then make up my own mind, if I am willing to risk it... Same with TA, Frommers, Fodors & others reviews & complaints...

www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.getaroom.com

scamfound.com/f13/getaroom-com-i-will-do-eve…

In this case, after reading the complaints, I would be a bit reluctant to book through them; instead, I would note the lowest rate, then call the hotel manager & negotiate 10% more than getaroom price... You never know, you might get it....

San Diego...
2. Re: Getaroom.com

I've booked only once with them, and it was via their Call Center. Wasn't a bad experience at all. I booked a two-night stay in New York and the rate wound up being a bit lower than that found on other travel sites. The call agent was pretty friendly and guided me through the entire process.

My advice is: It won't hurt to try. You'll find sites hailing companies and others doing the exact opposite. Personally, I wouldn't mind trying out a different option each time I book hotel and/or airfare. I'm all about the best deal.

New York City, New...
3. Re: Getaroom.com

Sophie0811 - Wow - I think some of that info you provided on getaroom.com is pretty old. Also - You never used them yet you feel you can review them?...Have you seen the expedia and hotelscom and orbitz complaints? Let's get a bit of perspective here...go to complaintboard and see for yourself before stating that you recommend better known travel sites. To the customer looking for a hotel in Hawaii? The deals on all of these providers are for the most part the same and the customer service is about the same..Although, unlike Sophie 0811, I have used Getaroom.com and i can say they do have good deals for many major destinations...and i prefer their customer service to other sites..so there you go......but that is not to say everything will be perfect...there will always be challenges...Now if you want the price point..you have choices..because all of these travel sites connect in some way back to the hotel...In addition - There are times when one site has a better deal and sometimes the hotel does...So...I suggest a traveler does his/her homework first. getaroom.com is just as good an option as Expedia or Orbitz or whatever else Site you want.....Just be sure you know what you want and read all the terms...Good luck...J

NewYork
4. Re: Getaroom.com

The best site ever and the best prices! Beats everyone and everything out there!

I found them online and when I called, the agent seemed very nice and professional! She also offered my a very low rate ! Unpublshed rates or something... available only by calling their 800 number (1-800- Hotels8)!

I'll book with getaroom again for sure!

Kingston, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel
reviews: 108
5. Re: Getaroom.com

Be sure to check out more better known sites such as expedia and booking.com as well. There are unfortunately scam websites on the internet ready to prey on unsuspecting travelers. Be very wary of third party sites - always book direct with the hotel when possible. Always read ALL of the terms and conditions very closely. Always book with a credit card - if something goes wrong you may have a crappy holiday, but you may also get your money back from the credit card company.

Also be very wary of hotels/sites etc that have lots of great reviews from people whose only input to TA was to post that glowing review. Sometimes it's a coincidence and it's just a persons first post, but unfortunately the anonymous nature of Tripadvisor means that sometimes hotels/agencies/tours/etc come on and give glowing reviews of their own businesses.

ktown

6. Re: Getaroom.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 pm, December 22, 2011
Edited: 8:05 pm, December 22, 2011

Kingston, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel
reviews: 108
7. Re: Getaroom.com

Whenever a lot of people join TA just to condemn or praise a company it always raises suspicions with me. I'll never use getaroom.com .

ktown

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 11
8. Re: Getaroom.com

Yeah, I agree- Ben , Brooke and Hugh all have that "getaroom.com employee who joined the site to refute a bad review and never posted again " aura about them, wouldn't you say... ?

All those one time wonder posters on the same thread on one of the most infrequently visited Forums - seems a little too coincidental.

Wonder who the removed post could have been from... maybe they hired a new employee .... hmmmm...sorry I missed it..

Oshawa, Canada
9. Re: Getaroom.com

I just used get a room for the first time. Jeremy was very pleasant and looked after all of my requests. We ended up finding the best deal in town that met most of our needs. I would recommend anyone to use Jeremy at getaroom.com for their booking needs.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, World Cup, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
reviews: 3,122
10. Re: Getaroom.com

Indeed do be aware of the 'One Post Wonders' - Those that sign up for TA to offer overly positive (+) or negative (-) views, only to never return to TA to contribute again.

I too am of the opinion that these posts are highly suspect and should be treated as such until the poster spends time on TA to contribute posts, reviews and comments to validate the credibility of all of their posts. If they are genuine, they will contribute more and the post number next to their comments will increase accordingly.

Reply to: Getaroom.com
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted