We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

iflyholidays read this 1st

London, United...
reviews: 1
iflyholidays read this 1st

Me and my partner reciently were looking for a buget holiday just to get out of the country for a week. i had used teletext holidays before and had been very happy with the service and holidays so I talked my girlfriend (who likes booking it face to face!) to give it a try

We found a few in tunisia and decided on one that in the description looked perfect and had no cause for consern! so my girlfriend called as she had the funds on her account.

We were put through to this company and the advisor on the other end was very "eager" to get our card details. we tried to speak to him about it to confirm but the usual conversation was "yes thats right now do you have the card you will be paying with" my girlfriend then gave the details to the guy and just as the payment went through the advisor then decided to tell us that our room was 15 min walk from the main hotel and was actually an out building what we had not been told about. then went on to say it was actually an airport hotel again nothing on the listing to tell us that. after 10 seconds (literally) of taking the payment we said can we get this refunded as this was not we were seeing on the website. he said that he couldnt do this as the flight have been booked and everything and was non refundable! even though he had missed major parts of the holiday description out. i also asked (as im under the impression) that you have 14 days by FSA rules to get your money back he said we would have to speak to there customer services in the morning.

Once we hung up we then got a call from the same guy an hour later offering us a more expensive holiday saying that there company would discount us half! however i said again i want my money back (ask me he was more interested in his comission) i said i didnt wanna speak to him and wanted to speak to customer services tomorrow

Day 2 : the sales guy then called me again (even though asked for him to get customer services to call my girlfriend) again offering a more expensive holiday! i said i didnt want to pay any more money to this company and wanted my funds returned and said he would need to get the customer service guy to contact me today otherwise i would make a formal complaint. funnily enough within 3 minutes someone from there customer service called.

This guy was basically rude. saying that all the information was on there website (which i had checked and wasnt) stating the full lists of the hotel etc. when i said there wasnt he called me pretty much a liar. then coming back to getting our funds returned he wouldnt speak about it saying that "iflyholidays were being very generous giving us a more expensive hotel for a bit more money" i said i want my money back and asked to speak to the flight company. he then pretty much abbruptly ended the conversation with no real reason and no answer

day 3 - he now spoke to my girlfriend offering yet a more expensive holiday still adimant we couldnt get our money back. my girlfriend spoke to me about this and still we just said want our money back.

day 4 - out of the blue a phone call from the customer service again saying that we could get a partial refund they had just found out (very convient after again threatening to formally complain) and he would find out what we would have to pay!

Finally we were refunded part of our money but lost £120.00 in the process.

I am not saying dont book your holiday online however i would check first and double check everything (although my girlfriend had tried but was like speaking to a brick wall and wouldnt give any real information until the holiday was booked) and if you cant get the answers you want i would refrain from booking with this company as in my experiance it turns into a headache.

I plan to take my case further to get the money reimbursed to me as i was totally missold this holiday and till this day i have not found any information regarding the actual hotel distance to these rooms.

Ask me this company are more interested in getting your money.

I personally went to thomas cook on my high street and was given a+ customer service and a fantastic holiday and from now on thats what i intend to do when booking holidays.

Hope this helps someone not go through the pain i had to booking a holiday

49 replies to this topic
stoke on trent
reviews: 7
31. Re: iflyholidays read this 1st

Hi, did you pay for this by credit card or a debit card that is a master card? If so you will probably be covered by insurance from your card. Give them a call before you part with any more money and also contact the coop on line as they come under there umbrella company freedom travel. I got £400 compensation from theese idiots. Good luck

Farnham, United...
32. Re: iflyholidays read this 1st

I paid for this holiday using paypal so not sure if that is protected. They tried to take an extra £78 from my husband's debt card so we have called Lloyds to inform of what was happened and that it is a scam. Looking at all the review I could kick myself about this as we're normally very careful. Cannot believe that Groupon and other sites continue to use these people. I personally would not associate with them. Also why are ABTA and ATOL not stopping them as from reading the Code of Conduct they have broken about 7 of these just in our case. Please let me know of anything else that I can do. I have written a complaint to them by recorded delivery today asking for a refund which is copied to Groupon also. I will then after the 28 days I have allowed them be writing complaints to ABTA, ATOL, Freedom Travel and Co op. I have written to Watchdog today as I would like them to 'out' them also so depending on what they think I could see them contacting other people on here for stories.

Farnham, United...
33. Re: iflyholidays read this 1st

Hi sending a copy of the letter to the Co-op travel who are now involved. Groupon could not care less. Very worried about not getting this money back and any further money that may have been taken (Lloyds said to call back tom)

Edited: 8:27 am, December 11, 2012
stoke on trent
reviews: 7
34. Re: iflyholidays read this 1st

Hi,

get in touch with PayPal as they do have a complaints procedure but also you must have credited PayPal with a card?

Theese vermin took £800 above the agreed amount and then came back for another £19. When I contacted MasterCard (Halifax) they said its what they call a disputed amount and although they would fight my corner and probably get the money I would forfeit the £1200 i had paid for the holiday and the £19 was basically my fault for giving them my card details

I contacted trading standards who put me in contact with someone else. They advised me to write to them demanding my money back within 7 days otherwise I would take further action. In the letter I told them I contacted abta, coop, trading standards . I don't know which of the above worked but I got my money back plus £400 compensation.

I advise doing all of the above and turn the thumb screws. They did eventually offer a refund but the £400 suited us better.

Just one word of advise about the coop in general. My partner worked for A company which the coop took over . We came back from this holiday to find out by a rumour and the local paper that he was been made redundant after 22 years, nice eh. Anyway I know that the coop sail very close to the wind with a lot of things at the moment and are certainly not the caring sharing coop.

Good luck

35. Re: iflyholidays read this 1st

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:14 pm, January 18, 2013

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 12
36. Re: iflyholidays read this 1st

I hope you have learned from this experience never to pay for a vacation flight, hotel or package with a debit card- no matter how reputable you think the company is- you have no consumer protection with a debit card. Everyone should have a credit card even if they only use it to pay for vacations rather than everyday shopping. With a debit card, you have in essence handed the company a wad of cash.

37. Re: iflyholidays read this 1st

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:42 am, January 18, 2013

West Midlands
reviews: 6
38. Re: iflyholidays read this 1st

This company are now offering a package in Dubai on Wowcher. It reads like a dream, but when I clicked on their website a number of alarm bells rang. I'm grateful that this thread has confirmed it. I'll be keeping well clear!

39. Re: iflyholidays read this 1st

Removed on: 11:45 am, January 18, 2013

40. Re: iflyholidays read this 1st

Hi there I booked thro telly text! And I was charged and extra £65 for this holiday and can only take 1 suit case witch was £48 pounds extra so a holiday was going 2 cost £650 end up costing me £728.61p and then when I looked at the review at this hotel witch was in Tunisia! All the reviews where bad saying DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! And I booked on the 3/5/2013 and 1 of the reviews was this holiday resort was closed on the 2/5/2013 dew 2 tunisia health and has been shut down and now a can't get in touch with the telly text company and I go on holiday 2morrow!!!!!!!! No good Sty well away if u want any info on how it went E-mail Me Scott..... Scott02.com@hotmail.co.uk thanks hope it helps

Reply to: iflyholidays read this 1st
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted