We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

iflyholidays read this 1st

London, United...
reviews: 1
iflyholidays read this 1st

Me and my partner reciently were looking for a buget holiday just to get out of the country for a week. i had used teletext holidays before and had been very happy with the service and holidays so I talked my girlfriend (who likes booking it face to face!) to give it a try

We found a few in tunisia and decided on one that in the description looked perfect and had no cause for consern! so my girlfriend called as she had the funds on her account.

We were put through to this company and the advisor on the other end was very "eager" to get our card details. we tried to speak to him about it to confirm but the usual conversation was "yes thats right now do you have the card you will be paying with" my girlfriend then gave the details to the guy and just as the payment went through the advisor then decided to tell us that our room was 15 min walk from the main hotel and was actually an out building what we had not been told about. then went on to say it was actually an airport hotel again nothing on the listing to tell us that. after 10 seconds (literally) of taking the payment we said can we get this refunded as this was not we were seeing on the website. he said that he couldnt do this as the flight have been booked and everything and was non refundable! even though he had missed major parts of the holiday description out. i also asked (as im under the impression) that you have 14 days by FSA rules to get your money back he said we would have to speak to there customer services in the morning.

Once we hung up we then got a call from the same guy an hour later offering us a more expensive holiday saying that there company would discount us half! however i said again i want my money back (ask me he was more interested in his comission) i said i didnt wanna speak to him and wanted to speak to customer services tomorrow

Day 2 : the sales guy then called me again (even though asked for him to get customer services to call my girlfriend) again offering a more expensive holiday! i said i didnt want to pay any more money to this company and wanted my funds returned and said he would need to get the customer service guy to contact me today otherwise i would make a formal complaint. funnily enough within 3 minutes someone from there customer service called.

This guy was basically rude. saying that all the information was on there website (which i had checked and wasnt) stating the full lists of the hotel etc. when i said there wasnt he called me pretty much a liar. then coming back to getting our funds returned he wouldnt speak about it saying that "iflyholidays were being very generous giving us a more expensive hotel for a bit more money" i said i want my money back and asked to speak to the flight company. he then pretty much abbruptly ended the conversation with no real reason and no answer

day 3 - he now spoke to my girlfriend offering yet a more expensive holiday still adimant we couldnt get our money back. my girlfriend spoke to me about this and still we just said want our money back.

day 4 - out of the blue a phone call from the customer service again saying that we could get a partial refund they had just found out (very convient after again threatening to formally complain) and he would find out what we would have to pay!

Finally we were refunded part of our money but lost £120.00 in the process.

I am not saying dont book your holiday online however i would check first and double check everything (although my girlfriend had tried but was like speaking to a brick wall and wouldnt give any real information until the holiday was booked) and if you cant get the answers you want i would refrain from booking with this company as in my experiance it turns into a headache.

I plan to take my case further to get the money reimbursed to me as i was totally missold this holiday and till this day i have not found any information regarding the actual hotel distance to these rooms.

Ask me this company are more interested in getting your money.

I personally went to thomas cook on my high street and was given a+ customer service and a fantastic holiday and from now on thats what i intend to do when booking holidays.

Hope this helps someone not go through the pain i had to booking a holiday

49 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
1. Re: iflyholidays read this 1st

I saw one other post on this company here: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147275-i99-k43605…

My warning is that if it seems to good to be true, it probably is. There are reasons these 3rd party services are growing, they bait you in and then you forget about the details and getting documentation. I posted this a while back and I think it's very true. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12290-k4482206…

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 4
2. Re: iflyholidays read this 1st

Whay wa sthe name of the company you were booking with over the phone I would like to stay away from them as well

Glasgow, United...
3. Re: iflyholidays read this 1st

I did the same thing saw costa brava for £239 phoned a guy called "Mike" he was very pleasant. Spoke to hubby and we agreed to book. Booked "I thought" 4**** calella palace he phoned 10 mins later to say he could not get confirmation and would I like to go to caleta palace I said ok. half an hour later another phone call to say the transfer to caleta palace would take 3 hours. I knew this was nonesense but he still tried to sell me a more expensive holiday at this point I told him I would be cancelling and put the phone down. I phoned credit card company to cancel the card (fortunately no money had been taken out) but if I had paid with a debit card we would have been stuffed. The guy from the credit card company looked up Iflyholidays and told me there were no positive reviews only negative. Now we have to wait for a new credit card to arrive but we were very lucky not to have lost any money. I hope the word is spread about these guys as they are absolute scam merchants.

Glasgow, United...
4. Re: iflyholidays read this 1st

the company? is called KPXtravel pure scammers only want to get as much money as possible from unsuspecting people

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel
reviews: 2,935
5. Re: iflyholidays read this 1st

Too many links in the supply chain, guys! Industries supporting commission based compensation for the sale and outsourcing of low price services are ripe for dubious and deceiving tactics and practice. This is arguable the only way these low-cost service providers can make a profit and living. Thus, their practices have to be expected, the norm not the exception.

Think about it, If you pay chump change for a tour, how are these guys actually going to make a profit! They must be counting on selling you something else later on (added revenue) or finding a way to cut costs (reduce service they have sold you).

I know its cheap but you should seriously be working with reputable tour agents. There is a reason they are more expensive. It is because they actually bare the costs necessary to service you properly.

Warwickshire
reviews: 12
6. Re: iflyholidays read this 1st

I nearly booked! thanks for the advice I will mark it as a 'no go area' CtF

derby
reviews: 3
7. Re: iflyholidays read this 1st

Iflyholidays ought to be a reputable trader....... It is part of Freedom Holidays. The Freedom Travel Group is a subsidiary of Co-operative Group Limited. I wonder if they know what they are up to?

8. Re: iflyholidays read this 1st

I have just had a similar thing happen to me.

Used KPX Travel which is also part of Freedom. Agent called Victor gave me a deal for £1457 and I gave him my card details. Over an hour later he rang to say that the cost had changed going up by £240. He said he had made a mistake and only booked my hotel for two weeks instead of three. He also charged me £67 for a room upgrade which I now know he can't do because you have to do it on arrival. Total scammers!!!!!!

9. Re: iflyholidays read this 1st

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 am, March 11, 2012

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 64
10. Re: iflyholidays read this 1st

KPXTRAVEL;

I would suggest that you familiarize yourself with the posting guidelines regarding the participation of business representatives, as your post is in violation of them.

tripadvisor.ca/help/what_are_the_guidelines_…

Reply to: iflyholidays read this 1st
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions