We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Otels.com

Limerick, Ireland
reviews: 21
Otels.com

Just booked with otels.com. Has anybody ever used this website. Is it safe?

19 replies to this topic
Sheffield, United...
reviews: 27
1. Re: Otels.com

I used them last year to book a week away in Turkey. I didn't experience any issues with them.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 50
2. Re: Otels.com

I used them in December to book a hotel in London. No one could beat their price so I was quite pleased. No problems with the hotel either. I just used them again today to book my annual new Orleans hotel

Kingston, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel
reviews: 107
3. Re: Otels.com

A quick search of the forums showed quite a few results.

www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums…

ktown

New York
reviews: 25
4. Re: Otels.com

I don't recommend using it. We booked a hotel last week and received and email that the credit card information was incorrect. Called their info number and was told to contact my credit card company to lift the security measures because it was an international transaction. When I asked them where they were located, they said "Turkey (their website says Virginia, US). We told them we would do no such thing (but in the meantime they had our credit card information for the booking). The next day, we received a fraud alert from the credit card company. They advised me to cancel the booking which I did. Otel.com confirmed the cancellation. Each day this week we received fraud alerts from our credit card company until today we were notified that the credit card was closed and a new card would be issued. Unusual activity is being investigated, they said. I would not book with this site.

Edited: 9:29 pm, October 01, 2011
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, World Cup, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
reviews: 3,406
5. Re: Otels.com

Do make sure you read the terms and conditions when considering to work with a small travel company like this. Best of luck, hope your hotel booking works out.

Dublin Ireland
reviews: 77
6. Re: Otels.com

I've used them on a number of occassions without any issues.

Athens, Greece
reviews: 36
7. Re: Otels.com

Just returned from a 4 days trip in Vienna were I booked the hotel with otels.com.

I had no problem at all....

Edited: 4:23 am, November 27, 2011
UK
8. Re: Otels.com

I have booked hotels on this site on a number of occasions now. I have had no problems & always secured the best prices.

London, United...
reviews: 12
9. Re: Otels.com

Dont do it!If you want to avoid yourself the headache of having to deal with incompetent customer services, and inept and rude staff! I booked with them and they received the full payment ,only to have a random member of their 'fraud department' emailing me to ask me for additional information, such as photocopy of the back and front of my credit card and photo ID. When I asked why there is a need for that, I was advised that basically i either do it or they ll cancel my booking, which they did straight away. In the meantime I spent 30 mins on the phone to their customer service based in Philippines and was assured that everything is fine. In the end after complaining they admitted it was their fault and offered me a '2.5%' refund if rebook the same hotel with them but still no sight of the refund!!Stay away from them!!

Fort Irwin...
10. Re: Otels.com

NEVER use this site if you are located in the United States. Customer service is horrible. They will always say they are right, even when they are clearly wrong. You may pick a hotel to stay in, and since they have NO idea where the hell it is, you'll get something "around" where they think it is.

Reply to: Otels.com
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted