We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a1 travel or lowcostholidays.com reviews?

Leeds, United...
reviews: 12
a1 travel or lowcostholidays.com reviews?

Hi, I'm hoping to book a holiday for myself, my partner and our 1 year old daughter, just wondered if anyone has had any experiences booking with either of these 2 companies, and would you recommend them?

Thanks

99 replies to this topic
Cardiff, United...
reviews: 2
1. Re: a1 travel or lowcostholidays.com reviews?

Hello, don't know if you have already booked your holiday but I have just returned from Kos booked thru A1 travel.

Four days before our holiday A1 advised us our hotel was overbooked and offered us another one at another resort. Our original booking was for a hotel near Kos Town, we ended up at the other end of the Island in an isolated hotel which we hated as we had wanted to see the sights in Kos town and the rest of the island by local bus. Our holiday was ruined and it wasn't a cheap one either.

Other guests told us they had the same experience but with Thomson.

Also the new hotel didn't have a booking for us, was sorted the next day.

The hotel to airport transfer didn't turn up either.

If you google 'a1travel reviews' you will get more info.

Happy holiday.

London, United...
2. Re: a1 travel or lowcostholidays.com reviews?

Definetivcely with Lowcostholidays.com.

We had great holidays in Lanzarote last month and it went all fine.

We booked online, they gave the best deal!

We booked transfers and they were on time and waiting for us at the airport.

The hotel was good in All Inclusive.

We flew on easyjet flights and they were on time.

And the return transfer was spot on!

We cannot complaint!

We had a great time!

3. Re: a1 travel or lowcostholidays.com reviews?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:09 am, October 19, 2011
Edited: 10:09 am, October 19, 2011

London, United...
4. Re: a1 travel or lowcostholidays.com reviews?

I would highly recommend using low cost holidays! I have used them for 2 years running now and i have never had any problems with any aspect of my holiday.

Iv travelled to Majorca on a girls holiday and Egypt with my partner and have always been more than happy with the customer service i have received when making a change to my holiday and the hotels where i have stayed : )

Wigan, United...
reviews: 3
5. Re: a1 travel or lowcostholidays.com reviews?

Having lots of trouble with them at moment. They have no customer Services, shockingly bad. Our holiday was cancelled through no fault of ours. The hotel is willing to refund the money to us, however this Lowcost Holidays isn't !!!! Try answering that other than greed Staff are rude once they have your money.

Brighton
reviews: 6
6. Re: a1 travel or lowcostholidays.com reviews?

Low cost holidays very good, have just used them for a holiday to Lanzarote couldn't fault it at all. Even had a probelm with the website in that I ended up being charged for the holiday twice with two bookings phoned the next day to get an answer machine, thought I'd have real probelms but they phoned back and had it all sorted money back in a couple of days.Brilliant service!

Wigan, United...
reviews: 3
7. Re: a1 travel or lowcostholidays.com reviews?

We lost a lot of money with Lowcost, yes they are generally cheaper than most, but if there is any reason why your holiday is cancelled and not always your fault, they wont return your money be careful...

Manchester...
8. Re: a1 travel or lowcostholidays.com reviews?

under no circumstances book with a1 travel...i booked 14 girls to go to benidorm for my sisters 40th birthday...wen i booked she sold me an hotel in the centre of benidorm told me how many pools it had how far we were from the centre..mauve apartments benidorm here we come not.....wen we arrived at alicante we were took to mauve apartments in a little port in the next town from benidorm it was nearly midnight..the transfer man just dumped us at the top of this hill..there was no reception..no keys no nothing..we had a nightmare as you can imagine we tried ringing a1 emergency number...nothing ...and nobody was there.we rang the hotel number at the front and they told us we had to go to the port house at the marine and get keys....after several tears and a lot of scared women ..we finally got in...the next morning we finally got through to a1 who would not help at all just fobbed us of to be honest....there was nothing in this port not even a shop just yachts..we had not eaten for god knows how long...a1 told us to sort it out yourself...we paid 120.00 pound to get to benidorm and then another 600.00 pound to stay in a little hotel in benidorm....they were terrible and our holiday was already ruined...then we couldnt get the transfer back cos wed moved resorts it was a nightmare and a mistake on there part ....so please do not book with this company at all...uv been warned...we will all probarbly have another nightmare getting all our money back but after wat we have been through were willing to pay money to go to court we will out this crap company.....we begged them to help us ...and there response was disgusting they just left 14 women in a port with nothing there at all just boats and 1 hotel..ours

warrenpoint
reviews: 13
9. Re: a1 travel or lowcostholidays.com reviews?

Hi . just booked a holiday with low cost holidays on line for around amas and the new year within two hours i recieved all my flights details hotel details and all i need from them so i was delighted . i think if you you do it on line you are entering all details correctly but if you ring them and they get details wrong it is impossible to get through to them on phone and it will cost you a fortune . so i would go for low cost holidays i forgot to say i have booked with them before and have had no problems .

Nottingham
reviews: 6
10. Re: a1 travel or lowcostholidays.com reviews?

I have never used A1. I was lowcostholodays customer for many years. I have stoppped using them since they have higher prices than the others and unacceptable customer service. I should say , they have no customer service . We have a trouble with them booking transfer and airport parking. We have paid for parking but they have never confirmed this with the parking provider. Avoid.Avoid. Avoid

Reply to: a1 travel or lowcostholidays.com reviews?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted