We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Travel Sites?

asheville, nc
Best Travel Sites?

What are the best sites for finding cheap vacation packages?

I know of Cheaptickets, orbitz, expedia, hotwire, travelocity, and priceline. Are there others?

Kingston, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel
reviews: 108
1. Re: Best Travel Sites?

If you look down the list of forum questions you'll see one posted by bk_t1. It links to an article answering your very question.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12290-k4427636…

ktown

2. Re: Best Travel Sites?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 am, December 10, 2012
Minneapolis...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Best Travel Sites?

This web page is a collection of resources to find a lot of availability when it comes to finding hotels : http://www.stuff4you.biz/hotels

"You can do it this way and get this benefit or you can do it that way and get that benefit"

it more or less says that

philadelphia, pa
reviews: 59
4. Re: Best Travel Sites?

My son and his girlfriend recently booked tickets to Chile from NY using Cheaptickets. As we drove from PA to JFK airport, they had some questions about the times of their flights. They were both on the line with Cheaptickets for almost our entire ride (over 2 hours) and still did not get the answer they needed.

When they were due back and we had to travel up to JFK to pick them up, I checked their flight times and there was a discrepancy between what the airline and the airport showed and what was on their itinerary. I tried calling the airline and was on hold for 3 HOURS!! and then was disconnected so that did not help at all. JFK doesn't have a flight info phone line like the one at Philadelphia airport so I tried calling Cheap Tickets. First the fellow told me he had to transfer me to the international desk after I gave him all of the flight information. Then the woman at the international department said she could not help with flight information unless I had the credit card information for the card used to purchase the tix. I had the record locator, email address, phone number and other information, but she insisted that I needed that credit card detail. I asked for her supervisor and after a long wait, he (his name is Lander and he is in the Phillipines) got on the line and after asking several questions also insisted he needed my son's credit card into just to check the flight arrival time. How ridiculous. I was not asking him to reveal personal information; I already knew all that, but he was INTRACTABLE!!!!! I held him on the line trying to convince him of my desperation in not wanting to have to wait at JFK (2+ hour drive) for a long time, but he was unrelenting in insisting that it is Cheaptickets company policy to only give out flight info with a credit card used to book the flight.

Bottom line, stay away from Cheaptickets. Their customer service is awful and many of their reps have heavy accents and are difficult to understand to boot.

5. Re: Best Travel Sites?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 pm, January 22, 2013
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel
reviews: 2,922
6. Re: Best Travel Sites?

rayzel

Would also be nice if you reported back your experience working with CheapTickets customer relations group, per the issue you have expressed above. This would be useful for future TA visitors researching this company.

7. Re: Best Travel Sites?

Removed on: 5:35 am, December 10, 2012
8. Re: Best Travel Sites?

Removed on: 8:05 am, August 23, 2012
Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 59
9. Re: Best Travel Sites?

You aren't affiliated with that site are you wannagospainn? Self promotion's not allowed here.

Des Moines, Iowa
reviews: 27
10. Re: Best Travel Sites?

Reported

Edited: 7:53 am, August 23, 2012
Get answers to your questions