We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best at travel

england
reviews: 4
best at travel

Hi I am thinking of booking holiday with Best AT TRAVEL website,

has anyone had bad experience with this company?

The prices quoted are fantastic!

Thanks

maeya England

47 replies to this topic
21. Re: best at travel

Do NOT do it!! Wev had our holiday booked and paid for for a whole year now! We found out In September 4 days before we left that we had no flights and they couldn't re-arrange any in time so because of work commitments we had to re-book our holiday! We only found this out when we called for our tickets! They did NOT call us!! They offered us an upgraded room and first class flights, which we accepted.

We re-arranged for the 8th of Jan. once again no tickets were sent 2weeks prior as they state but 1 day before by email and the date we originally agreed was not the day we flew on but the day before! We went to the airport anyway after a day of complete rushing only to find our flights had been cancelled whilst we were stood in the que and not to mention they were economy seats and not first class as agreed. We then called them to try and get flights booked and was told several times they were trying and someone would call us back. We never once had a phone call back but when we called them we was told there was no flights even tho we spoke to two airlines that had seats available in all classes that evening and the following day. We then just had to wait and see what they did. We was told again we would get a call which again never happened. We checked our emails once back at home and we had been sent exactly the same flight for the next day, which meant we'd loose two days of our holiday and again these were economy seats! We chose to ask for a refund due to not being able to trust the connecting flights would run smoothly.

As you can imagine their customer service wasn't helpful or apologetic either. So we saved for our holiday to the Maldives paid it in full an a year later were still not there!

DO NOT BOOK WITH THEM!!!!!

London, United...
22. Re: best at travel

Hi, I am concern now, as I only booked couple of days, do you know who your holiday rep was?

reviews: 4
23. Re: best at travel

Same excellent personalised service here but from a young man named Peter. He recommended the hotel & airlines and the cheapest way with some free perks thrown in, ie dinner for 2, celebration cake on arrival. He just mentioned we were recently married, not honeymooners as such. All six flights of our thai trip were perfectly connected. Only one minor transfer error meant we had to pay for a cab to our hotels harbour as the local agent had recently stopped trading so not Best At's fault as this was a few days into our holiday. The recommended Millennium Hilton in Bangkok was exceptional. We would definately use them again and ask for Peter Vassilou, I hope he stays working there! Ps we just got back on 1st feb'13.

Guildford
reviews: 7
24. Re: best at travel

I have just returned from Thailand and cannot praise Best@travel too highly. From the moment we made contact with Peter Vassilou he arranged our booking in a really helpful and efficient manner. He had very good knowledge of Thailand and suggested an excellent hotel in Bangkok, all out transfers and flights connected smoothly - with very good air con cars in Bangkok. The resort in Koh Lanta was amazing - Pimalai - and although we had booked a garden view we still had a view of the sea. I would definitely use Best@travel again - and they also undercut the price of other tour operators. Thank you Peter....

Peterborough...
reviews: 3
25. Re: best at travel

I totally agree with the fantastic level of service described in the 'report' of the Thailand holiday. Although Best @ Travel (Matthew Smith) compiled a holiday in the Maldives for us: BA flight staying at Angsana Ihur. The service was excellent from booking to return. I advise anyone booking 'any' holiday abroad to contact Best @ Travel first. We have used them before for several holidays, always the 'Best' service, including price.

Thank you Matthew

London, United...
26. Re: best at travel

For long haul, BAT are a superb and reputable company.

They spend millions of pounds a year on advertising, they are by no means one of these small fly by night companies.

Swansea, United...
27. Re: best at travel

Hi,

Im also thinking of using Best@travel for a holiday in Jan 2014 and im thinking of booking it pretty soon.

I was looking at 5 nights in New york and then 3 Nights in Las Vegas as one trip for my partners Birthday.

Has anyone been on this trip before because if they have i would like to know there thoughts and how the experience was?

Thanks

Terneuzen, The...
reviews: 63
28. Re: best at travel

Hi,

After searching the web for weeks, I have found a very nice deal via Best at Travel and would like to book it via the web but ....................

The previous stories either scare me or make the booking immediately but I am from Holland and not from the UK.

Doubt though this should make a difference???

Help!

Peterborough...
reviews: 3
29. Re: best at travel

From my experience Best @Travel have been very good. However, I did seem to find an excellent contact there, Matthew Smith. He could not do enough for us. I would recommend him at Best@Travel anytime.

Terneuzen, The...
reviews: 63
30. Re: best at travel

Thanks for your reply! I have contacted the hotel I would like to book and they accept their bookings and told me it is ok to book with them :-))

Reply to: best at travel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted