We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Media Travel

Belfast
Media Travel

Hi everyone, i just wanted a bit of advice really..I have just booked a holiday with media travel and now that i have read the reviews i am not too confident about them! I have only paid a deposit, and am now considering cancelling the booking and losing it, rather than go through all the cr*p that some of you had to deal with.

Any thoughts? or am i panicking over nothing??

Thanks!

108 replies to this topic
Northampton, United...
reviews: 95
71. Re: Media Travel

Check out post 48 for details you need to take the complaint further, you could start by contacting the TTA. Hope you'll let everyone know if you get any satisfaction.

Durham
reviews: 6
72. Re: Media Travel

Im now due to fly out on Holiday a week tomorrow after booking through media travel 4 weeks ago.

When all my initial documentation came through it stated i would get e tickets 7 - 3 days prior to departure

I just recieved a telephone call today from media travel explaining that as i check in at the airport i do not need any e tickets.

I find this very hard to get my head around.

When i use first choice - i always check in at the airport - and i always recieve e tickets.

They said to me to just show the orgional documentation i was sent and they will sort out my boarding passes.

Is this true? Or should i get in touch with jet2?

73. Re: Media Travel

Hey I have the same problem I have booked a very expensive holiday through media travel an was told I would recive an email with in 48 hours of the booking which i havent recived, they have took the 300 deposited An I am wondering does anybody have a working email for media travel? I am becoming very concerned

74. Re: Media Travel

Hey I have the same problem I have booked a very expensive holiday through media travel an was told I would recive an email with in 48 hours of the booking which i havent recived, they have took the 300 deposited An I am wondering does anybody have a working email for media travel? I am becoming very concerned

Perth, United...
75. Re: Media Travel

Booked a holiday to Turkey and told an e-mail would be sent to confirm this. Almost a week later and still no e-mail. After being on hold for over a half hour, spoke to someone else who also said an e-mail had been sent. Still no e-mail. I have booking ref. and I confirmed API today.

Northampton, United...
76. Re: Media Travel

This company just keep on causing hassle to unfortunate clients! Scroll up to post 48 for details of the parent company and the TTA that allegedly guarantee their holidays. Don't call the call centre, and don't let them fob you off. Nothing will happen unless you chase it.

Would be good if somebody could feed back whether the TTA actually do anything on customers behalf.

London, United...
reviews: 4
77. Re: Media Travel

I'm having a nightmare with them over £60 in calls and then they can't understand English will never book with them again

Amesbury, United...
reviews: 12
78. Re: Media Travel

I have just returned from a holiday booked through Media Travel. They also trade as Low Cost Holidays.

To all those that are worried, we had no problems at all. Sure the actual booking process in India is a bit slow, but what I did was get the English phone number and kept all e-mails etc. Also when I had the flight details, I asked for and was given the booking references and went to the airline (Ryanair) website direct so I could check all the details. The apartment was booked and everything was fine.

Hope this may allay some of your fears.

Wolverhampton...
79. Re: Media Travel

could you please forward the english phone number, ive just booked with media travel, never again to much hassle

thanks

Northampton, United...
80. Re: Media Travel

Hi there,

All the info you need is posted higher up; post 48 on page 5. It also has the contact details for the organisation that allegedly covers there holidays in place of ABTA. Good luck!

Reply to: Media Travel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted