We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Media Travel

Belfast
Media Travel

Hi everyone, i just wanted a bit of advice really..I have just booked a holiday with media travel and now that i have read the reviews i am not too confident about them! I have only paid a deposit, and am now considering cancelling the booking and losing it, rather than go through all the cr*p that some of you had to deal with.

Any thoughts? or am i panicking over nothing??

Thanks!

108 replies to this topic
Kingston, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel
reviews: 108
1. Re: Media Travel

There are so many complaints about various companies on this board, I can't say I actually know whether there are any valid complaints against media travel. There are complaints about many many companies, some of which I have used and have no difficulties with - sometimes the issue is that the person didn't read the terms and conditions of purchase.

My suggestion is you read the terms and conditions closely if you haven't already, read reviews of the site, and then just judge for yourself what is the best fit for you.

ktown

South London
reviews: 102
2. Re: Media Travel

Are they ABTA & ATOL bonded?

Belfast
3. Re: Media Travel

yes jessep and thanks ktown, i had a read through the terms and conditions and it seems that the majority of the complaints are mainly due to the fact that people maybe are not aware that they have not booked a package deal, but flights and hotels seperately.

only concern is that it is proving to be quite difficult to get through to customer services as i have been cut off a few times or else no one answers.

so just incase....for anyone who is considering booking with media travel, i would advise keeping a record of the extension number of the person who deals with your booking in the first place, phone them and ask to be transferred to the customer service dept - only way i've managed to get in touch with them!!

Kingston, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel
reviews: 108
4. Re: Media Travel

Sounds like good advice es2011.

Have you made a decision as to what you will do? Sounds like you've done your homework, and will make an informed decision.

ktown

Belfast
5. Re: Media Travel

i have just paid the rest of the holiday :) i know what to expect from them and what i have paid for so i thought i may aswell go for it and hope it goes according to plan! i've only ever travelled with thomas cook and have always got a package deal, so think if anything my panicking will prob keep me more organised and prepared than before!

Fingers crossed!!

Thanks for your advice btw!

London, United...
6. Re: Media Travel

We went with them last year and got a really cheap deal, transfere's were on time and we were quite impressed I was abit warey too but we had a good expierience. Im abit gutted because I wanted to book again but for some reason they are not showing any holidays now, not sure if the website is down?

Belfast
7. Re: Media Travel

i cant get on to their website either, tried to when i started panicking about booking (that made me panic even more). you could try calling them and asking for a quote? i have the number somewhere if you want it i can post it for you

Carlisle, United...
8. Re: Media Travel

Hi there, I've paid a deposit with media travel and also read some terrible reviews about the company, this is the first holiday ive booked myself so i'm a complete novice. can anyone give me any advice on what i should expect from them e.g. when i'll get tickets etc? thanks xxx

Belfast
9. Re: Media Travel

hi luci, when i booked with media travel they told me that i would receive my flight tickets via email 3 days before the flight but i received them a week earlier! its also a good idea to keep a note of when you need to email them your passport details. if you are booking transfers they ask you to ring a number to confirm what time you will be collected from your hotel which is on ur invoice (they also give you a sheet with the number when u get on the bus to your hotel). if you read the fine print you have nothing to panic about :-)

hope this helps!

Dunfermline, United...
reviews: 5
10. Re: Media Travel

Well, all I can say is this company must have improved somewhat!

Just back from a wonderful week in gran canaria, which I booked through media travel.

Accommodation and transfer vouchers were emailed to me just after booking, boarding passes were emailed 5 days before we left, all very professional !

My only complaint against this company is this : on the day of booking my Indian sales person " Juliet" lol, tried to make make me buy an upgrade for £100, as this room had a restricted view, I refused , so it then became £75, then she would speak to her manager, I stood my ground and refused, eventually being told to name my price lol!

I refused to pay anything, and glad I did, because this is obviously where these reps make commission, as on arrival in gran canaria, EVERY room at the accommodation looked out onto the pool, lol!

So to summarise: booking went smoothly, but NEVER pay the extra fee!

Reply to: Media Travel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted