We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gate1 Travel

Chicago
reviews: 2
Gate1 Travel

I just returned from an 8 day trip to Europe visiting Paris and Rome. I went with my sister, and we booked the trip through Gate1 Travel. When we booked the trip, we knew it was a really great deal, but only when we got there did we realize how truly amazing of a deal it really was. We flew out of Chicago, and at the time when all was said and done we each paid about $1,000 which included flights and hotels. We also flew from Paris to Rome and that was included. Considering how expensive hotels are in Europe, this was such a deal! Both hotels were slightly off the beaten path, but definitely within city limits and it was easy to get around. The hotels were also clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. In Paris we stayed at the TimHotel, and in Rome we stayed at the Donatello hotel. Both hotels included breakfast each morning. I would absolutely book any other trip in the word with Gate1!

142 replies to this topic
Kingston, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel
reviews: 107
1. Re: Gate1 Travel

Seems that a lot of new posters are saying how wonderful this agency is. I wouldn't book with Gate 1 travel before I did lots of research to determine how legitimate it was, and what my experience is likely to be with them. With anonymous forum posts like these it gets way too easy for unscrupulous companies to self promote.

ktown

Port Jefferson, New...
2. Re: Gate1 Travel

My family recently returned from a Gate 1 trip to Costa Rica. It was an excellent trip! The materials they emailed before the trip included vouchers and information that was very helpful. When we arrived at 10pm there was a Gate 1 rep waiting for us who introduced us to our driver to the hotel. He provided us with a weath of information. The next morning we got our SUV and were on our way. The flight, transfer to the hotel, SUV and hotels with breakfast were all included in this 8 day adventure that was very well priced. We could not have gotten this package for the price they charged. The hotels were stayed at were excellent. You really should do your homework before you you reply to someone who had a great trip. I have gotten emails from Gate 1 for many months and have nothing but great things to say about this trip. Gate 1 is there from the time you book and helpful every step of the way. When we got back I knew I wanted to email and thank them for planning an excellent trip. Before I did they emailed me and asked how the trip was. I told them we couldn't have had a better one. It was a great trip and excellent value for the money.

JTPortJefferson

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
reviews: 54
3. Re: Gate1 Travel

^ That doesn't sound like a marketing pitch at all.

Port Jefferson, New...
4. Re: Gate1 Travel

Just telling it like it was. We expected good value for our money. What we got was great. We have done trips with other companies and have never been disappointed. For the money this was an exceptional trip. If that sounds like a marketing pitch for Gate 1 so be it. It's meant to share with others the experience that we had with this company. I believe when you have a good experience you should share it. it helps others than decide if they want to use them. Isn't that the reason for tripadvisor. Everyone has different experiences to share. I wouldn't knock a company until I've tried them and had problems. That wasn't the case here. I know know that I can get good value for my money and not pay an arm and a leg for it.

Kingston, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel
5. Re: Gate1 Travel

"I believe when you have a good experience you should share it. it helps others than decide if they want to use them. Isn't that the reason for tripadvisor."

I couldn't agree more. That is why you will see I'm an active member of tripadvisor. I see that is only your second post. Have you had any other good travel experiences? Have you ever had a bad experience you could share with your fellow travelers? Have you ever stayed in a hotel you could have reviewed?

Please, stay and post your experiences for other travelers on other topics. I'm sure you will since you obviously see the value in a site such as this. Fill out your profile so people can find out a bit more about you and check to see if your travel style suits them.

Hope to see you around.

ktown

norfolk
reviews: 30
6. Re: Gate1 Travel

a little redress of the balance

…pissedconsumer.com/avoid-gate-1-travel-it-s…

pam

Kingston, Canada
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel
7. Re: Gate1 Travel

Thanks pam! That is very interesting reading.

From the sounds of that there is absolutely no way I would risk my vacation by booking with Gate 1.

ktown

norfolk
reviews: 30
8. Re: Gate1 Travel

i found that when i was trying to follow up a whisper that gate 1 are/were connected to the infamous ecruisestore.com. so far i have been unable to confirm that, but the rumour is out there.

pam

Amsterdam, The...
9. Re: Gate1 Travel

My friends was travel last year Gate 1 trip to Costa Rica.It was a great trip But you gather some important information before you finalize your trip about the hotels ,weathers and the budget also.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Santa Ponsa
reviews: 78
10. Re: Gate1 Travel

It's quite strange really that the only people who have good experiences of gate1 are new members. I wonder why more experienced TA posters haven't had such a good experience?

Reply to: Gate1 Travel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions