We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GalaHotels.com experiences?

Finland
GalaHotels.com experiences?

Hi,

I would be extremely intressed that has anyone anything to say about Galahotels.com? I know that there is few topics around here but there's not very much information.

So if anyone has any experieces about booking with them it would be great :D

130 replies to this topic
Poland
reviews: 2
1. Re: GalaHotels.com experiences?

I have used the Galahotels service for about two years now and never had any problems until recently... In March and April I was in the USA and unfortunately I was charged again by two hotels because apparently Galahotels had not paid them! And they charged my credit card already in December! Now the contact with them is really difficult, they don't even bother to reply my emails. I don't know what to do. I have lost a considerable amount of money because I trusted Galahotels and pre-paid for the accommodation. I guess I will think twice before I ever do it again.

Northern Ireland
reviews: 1
2. Re: GalaHotels.com experiences?

I too am having problems with Galahotels. I booked a 7 night stay in Lanzarote and they seemed to have booked me into 2 hotels for the same period. I contacted the hotel I booked with and they do not hold a reservation for me.I have sent 3 emails to Galahotels over a 3 week period and still they have not responded. I leave for Lanzarote in 3 weeks time and don't know what will happen when I turn up at the hotel with my voucher.

I don't want the experience Ola14 had and end up paying twice for my hotel. Does anyone know which trade body here in the UK I could complain to?

Poland
reviews: 2
3. Re: GalaHotels.com experiences?

Apart from this unfortunate situation in the hotel in USA, I have had a few very successful deals with Galahotels, so I think everything should be fine with your voucher. They probably pay the hotel and actually make the booking for you 3 days before your arrival, that's why the hotel doesn't have the information yet. The worst thing is that Galahotels do not respond to the customers' complaints and do nothing to solve the problem.

Thessaloniki
reviews: 5
4. Re: GalaHotels.com experiences?

Well,I have booked twice via this page and I had NO problem.

In March I went to Bansko. There was a really great price for 2 nights! Then,I booked a hotel in Berlin (October 2010) but finally I will not be able to go there... I cancelled the booking and 2 weeks later I received my money back to my credit card! (although I was worried,as I had read comments of others who had problems with their refund- if you contact them by phone they always answer and they explain you whatever you need)

Beijing, China
reviews: 31
5. Re: GalaHotels.com experiences?

One more negative aspect: after your reservation, Galahotels bombards you with all kinds of email spam - even if you declined from them in the first place. No respectable travel site should do that.

Berlin
reviews: 38
6. Re: GalaHotels.com experiences?

Everything was fine. I would use Galahotels service again.

Edited: 8:38 am, October 09, 2010
Prague, Czech...
7. Re: GalaHotels.com experiences?

I had booked 3 rooms in Amsterdam with galahotels.com for a nice price and after that I read the negative reviews on this agency. I was really afraid, so I contacted the hotel where we had the reservation to have a certain and fortunately everything seemed to be ok. As well the customer service of galahotels works fine, they answers on mails and calls immediately. I have just returned from the trip and we were really satisfied, the 4star hotel with a cool breakfast for one third of normal price! Really good value. The galahotels even returned me immediately some amount of money on the bank account, because at first we had chosen and paid more expensive hotel that was already full. So I would definitely recommend.

8. Re: GalaHotels.com experiences?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:35 pm, February 24, 2011

Scotland
reviews: 18
9. Re: GalaHotels.com experiences?

I've used Galahotels about 6 times in the last 6 months and every time I got a great deal - and on the one occasion I had to cancel they refunded the payment (less the cancellation charge) no problem. I'm particularly impressed by the quality/price ratio you can get. On three occasions I paid half the best price I could get from a chain which I use frequently, and I also got my points.

10. Re: GalaHotels.com experiences?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:59 am, December 26, 2010

Reply to: GalaHotels.com experiences?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted