We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BOOKIT.COM is a Scam - They Charge Card w/NO Booking!!!

Arlington, Texas
reviews: 13
BOOKIT.COM is a Scam - They Charge Card w/NO Booking!!!

Stay away from Bookit.com. They have false and misleading prices, flights, and vacation packages. Specifically they advertise flights/vacation packages on their website that are NOT even available! You think you are purchasing something and after you pay for it, you receive an error message. Your credit card has been charged, but you have no booking! Trust me, I know because this just happened to me! I thought I was purchasing a vacation package including hotel and air. I went through all the instructions, listed out the passenger names, even chose the seats I wanted on the airplane. I put in all my credit card info in, hit submit, and BAM...got an error message! The message told me to try again, so I did. Next time, BAM...another error message. They debited my credit card THREE TIMES!!! And, still no valid booking! When I called them, they told me it was the airline's fault and some crazy story about how the flight they show on their website can't be booked because it was a combination of American Airlines and AeroMexico. I asked why they are advertising flights that can NOT be booked on their website and their answer was...get this... "we all make mistakes". Well now it is 12 hours later and they are still advertising the same FALSE flights that I tried to purchase on their website. Oh, and did I mention that they said the funds will not be released back to my credit card for 5-10 days?!?! Meanwhile, I CAN'T book a vacation because my card is maxxed out with fraudulent charges (too bad I didn't use American Express)...

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 65
1. Re: BOOKIT.COM is a Scam - They Charge Card w/NO Booking!!!

Hi chatwithchristi;

I would suggest contacting your credit card company for assistance.

Good Luck & Best Regards

Minneapolis, MN
reviews: 54
2. Re: BOOKIT.COM is a Scam - They Charge Card w/NO Booking!!!

I have used bookit.com with no problems.

3. Re: BOOKIT.COM is a Scam - They Charge Card w/NO Booking!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 04, 2010