We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! 6 single girls looking for 30th bday destination...

reviews: 2
Help! 6 single girls looking for 30th bday destination...

So I am turning 30 in November and because I am the first to cross the tri-decade threshhold my girlfriends have agreed to take a little vacation with me. Together we have been to most of Western Europe, Thailand and Japan. We are all binge drinkers for lack of a better term and love "party" destinations like Ibiza, Phuket, Koh Phangan, Amsterdam, the Greek Islands. And we are definetly on a tight budget, ANY IDEAS? I definetly want to go somehwere international, that I havent been to before, that will have nice weather in November and the beachy-er the better. I was thinking about Jamaica, Bali or the Domincan Republic but I would absolutley welcome any ideas! But please no couple destinations, I cant imagine anything worse then being single, turning 30 and being surrounded by newlyweds.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
1. Re: Help! 6 single girls looking for 30th bday destination...

Some view it as too commercial, but Mexico comes to mind; specifically Cancun, Playa Del Carmen, etc. It's not as "interesting" as some of your travel, but it's fun.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 64
2. Re: Help! 6 single girls looking for 30th bday destination...

As I started reading your post I immediately thought of Jamaica or the Dom. Rep but I would also recommend Rio de Janeiro. The weather in November should be fantastic and I think it would live up to your party expectations!

Deb

Hagerstown, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
reviews: 53
3. Re: Help! 6 single girls looking for 30th bday destination...

I agree with Mexico. Cancun or Cabo. Both have great places to party and great beaches to relax on. You may even find some great deals for November from this Swine Flu thing.

Ghana
4. Re: Help! 6 single girls looking for 30th bday destination...

Trinidad or Tobago will be fun. Anyway I will be be heading for Trinidad in mid-Nov myself.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 751
5. Re: Help! 6 single girls looking for 30th bday destination...

So where did you decide to go, mctraveler?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
reviews: 82
6. Re: Help! 6 single girls looking for 30th bday destination...

Trinidad or Tobago, no way. I spent a week on vacation in Tobago and it was great. That being said, the news had daily reports of the high crime rate in Trinidad and that is not the place to go.

Togabo was nice as a different beach destination but not at all what you are looking for.

7. Re: Help! 6 single girls looking for 30th bday destination...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 07, 2010