We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bookinhotels.com

Faizabad, India
reviews: 83
bookinhotels.com

I search this forum for bookinhotels.com and learnt that they are NOT good. However the fact that their rates are the real bargain, I am inclined to give them a try.

I wrote them expressing my apprehensions and their reply was as follows:

Quote:

As per the agreement with our suppliers the names of the travelers are released to the hotels three days prior to check in. This is to make the amendment requests of our clients done easier. The room is reserved but the hotel is informed about the guests’ personal details three days before check in.

Unquote:

Do you think I should still believe in them or go for another service provider?

London, United...
reviews: 13
1. Re: bookinhotels.com

It might be an idea to contact the hotels direct and see what deals they can do for you

Faizabad, India
2. Re: bookinhotels.com

They quote a rate that is almost double of what bookinhotels.com is offering. I tried to negotiate with the hotel directly but they refused to listen.

Faizabad, India
3. Re: bookinhotels.com

Since the gap between the rate from them and that from the second lowest was more than EUR 200 in total for all the number of rooms and nights put together, I decided to book through them despite bad reviews here.

First of all, I called my credit card company and enquired how they can help me in case I booked the hotel through an agency and upon reaching the hotel, I didn't find my reservation. Their reply was very cooperative. They suggested me first to a report to local police and send them the copy of the complaint. They would ensure that payment is claimed back from the party. I then called local police to enquire if they would entertain a complaint against bookinhotels.com especially when they are registered outside the country. They told me that they can entertain a report against them even though they are registered outside the country. They further told me I could file report upon return.

Motivated by these facts, I decided to book through them. Upon booking I learnt they would release our names to the hotel 3 days before the check in date.

I was a bit uncomfortable and asked them to do so now to enable me confirm the same directly from the hotel.

After lots of email exchange, they finally agreed and now hotel confirmed me the reservation.

It was a cheap deal but a bit pain in neck. I tried to reach them to see if there is some real person at that end. It was quite hard to get through to them. The recorded message was hard to follow and after several attempts someone answered but his accent was also hard to follow.

They were however quite regular in replying to emails.

My suggestion is that you book through them only if you are ready for bearing some pain in neck.

Ulm, Germany
reviews: 323
4. Re: bookinhotels.com

bookinhotels is cheapest but has very lousy customer service esp. what comes to refunding canceled bookings even they tell you "no charge" it will take ages!!

Did you check otel.com or GTAhotels.com?

Usually they have similar prices (slightly higher) but you can get 5% back with their loyality program.

also check: ebookers, Alpharooms (TUI Travel UK)or Asiarooms (TUI Travel Asia)

later all charge a cancelation fee but seem to be more reliable....

Faizabad, India
5. Re: bookinhotels.com

otel.com or GTAhotels.com are good for nothing. They usually more expensive as compared to other agencies and their customer services are equally horrible.

Ulm, Germany
reviews: 323
6. Re: bookinhotels.com

ok, please share your experience here!!

I found always similar prices on bookinhotels and otel.com.

e.g. Athens Greece, Arion Hotel

otel: 50 EUR with BF, hrs.de 68 EUR w/o breakfast

Lisbon, Portugal, Marriott

otel: 76 EUR with BF, official rate 220 EUR w/o bf

Milan, Italy during fair: Yes Hotel Varese,

otel: 53 EUR with BF, official rate 149 EUR

Naples, Italy, Tiberio Palace

otel: 74 EUR with BF, hotel website 120 EUR w/o bf

depends on detailed time but you say bookinhotels is cheap and bad and just tell you my personal idea of alternatives.

otel.com refunded my money within 3 working days, bookinhotels.com still pending for 2 weeks!!!!!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 64
7. Re: bookinhotels.com

Hi;

Before considering GTA I would suggest searching the forums for previous posts. There were a number of people complaining about them not that long ago.

Best Regards

8. Re: bookinhotels.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 am, June 08, 2009
Faizabad, India
9. Re: bookinhotels.com

I don't like otel.com's policy of refunding a part of the amount for the next booking. This way one is always held up with them.

Faizabad, India
10. Re: bookinhotels.com

RescueTeam, I agree with you GTAHotel is the worst. I interacted with them before booking and decided not to go with them.