We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Myrtle Beach

reviews: 2
Myrtle Beach

I'm 19 years old and looking for a hotel to stay at in myrtle beach. I want a reasonable price, but a clean trustworthy hotel. I've looked at Bermuda sands but they have a lot of bad reviews.. HELP

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
reviews: 31
1. Re: Myrtle Beach

I would post on that forum for the quickest replies! :)

2. Re: Myrtle Beach

What forum?

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
reviews: 31
3. Re: Myrtle Beach

Here you go - forum for Myrtle Beach! :)

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g54359-i25-Myrtle_…

Aiken
4. Re: Myrtle Beach

Now let's talk about the real Myrtle Beach....you know..the one that MB don't want you to know about. I'm talking about the City of MB. When the last FBI crime report came out a few years ago MB was rated #7 in crime for a city of that size! It's #1 in South Carolina for stolen vehicles. It has the highest crime rate in SC too. It's not even safe to walk out on the ocean at night for fear of getting robbed or killed. Just read the Sun News every day and you'll see. Most of the house keeping staff at the hotels are hispanic....don't know if they're legal or not. They claim they don't speak english and don't listen to a damn thing that you try to tell them. The last time we stayed at MB we told the houscleaning lady NOT to go into the room...but she did anyway and $60 was taken out of from the room. We know she was in there because the beds had been made. This has happend to us three times over the last ten years. Now when we go to MB we rent directly from an owner so we don't have to worry about people going into our room! Just last week a report came out stating the MB had the WORST quality of ocean water of any SC beach. The water is just plain nasty because all of the streets drain into the ocean through out the city. We've witnessed drug deals being made on Ocean Blvd. We even witnessed a guy walk out onto his balcony and fire a handgun into the air. We called the police...they came about 45 minutes later..and of course they didn't find a thing. I just read where MB is about to outlaw the use of tents along the beach. They claim it's a safety issue but we all know it's because the beach service people that sell the overpriced umbrella's and chairs are complaining because they're loosing money. It's not a safety issue...never has been...it's all about the money. When we go to Daytona Beach we can put our tent where ever we want to...and no one complains. I guess you're wondering why we still go to MB...I do that myself too. I guess the only reason that we still go is because it's the closest beach to us and like I said earlier we rent directly from an owner so we don't have to worry about our room getting robbed. There's nothing wrong with the attractions or restaurants...it's just the way the hotels are run and the high crime rate in the city. Read today's Sun News about the fire at the Crown Reef and you'll see what I'm talking about.

5. Re: Myrtle Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 11, 2014
Get answers to your questions