We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best place in caribbean

phoenix, arizona
best place in caribbean

Husband and I are looking for the best island for our 20th anniversary. We love the outdoors as well as the nightlife. Don't want a sleepy place. All inclusive is always a plus for the price, but not a decision maker. Flights are not an issue. We will be going the beginning of Dec. Any suggestions are very appreciated.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 181
1. Re: best place in caribbean

It's not an island, but for adventure, nature, and things to do, I found Costa Rica to be my best trip yet. I hear nice things about Belize, too, particularly if scuba is your thing. For the widest range of options and most nightlife, I don't think much beats Cancun. Some of the bluest blue water and white sandy beaches I've ever seen....

Hagerstown, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
reviews: 59
2. Re: best place in caribbean

I agree with Cancun, or going just a little further south to Playa del Carmen. There are many resorts that cater to couples celebrating anniversaries or honeymoons, and lots of nightlife along 5th Ave.

There are many good choices in the Caribbean, too, like St. Martin for wining and dining, with a younger, active crowd on Orient Beach. Or Grand Cayman to swim with sting rays. Or Cozumel to try scuba diving (even if you're not certified you can take the Resort Course). Each island I've been to has something offer. Good luck!

phoenix, arizona
3. Re: best place in caribbean

Thank you both :-) We have been everywhere in Mexico so we are not wanting there this time. What about Punta Cana, Aruba, or Rio?

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
reviews: 36
4. Re: best place in caribbean

Travelling is best way to get lots of enjoyment and relaxation in this busy life. Thanks to all for giving very useful information about beautiful place in Caribbean so when ever I make plan in future to visit this island that this details is helpful to me.

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
reviews: 19
5. Re: best place in caribbean

If you want All-Inclusive, Punta Cana offers more options that Aruba. Aruba has a couple of AI resorts, but somewhat expensive compared to Punta Cana. Also, early December is also considered the "low-wind" season for Aruba. While this might sound like a good idea, avoiding the normal 20 mph winds, Aruba with no wind is very hot. If you are used to the Phoenix heat, you might be OK, but think of hot temperatures like Phoenix, but with high humidity.

The Punta Cana forum here on TA is very active and can make good specific resort suggestions.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 27
6. Re: best place in caribbean

I'd recommend Puerto Rico ... It would meet all your requirements

athol mass.
reviews: 6
7. Re: best place in caribbean

Punta cana or jamaica!

Fort Worth, Texas
reviews: 72
8. Re: best place in caribbean

Depends on what you want to do but Jamaica has great beaches and great all-inclusive resorts. 420 friendly if that's your cup of tea. Clothing optional places also if you're into that. For the best shopping and also some good beaches I'd look to the US Virgin Islands. It is not the best place to go for All-inclusive resorts but if you wanted to rent a villa and have privacy, then it's hard to beat St. Thomas.

9. Re: best place in caribbean

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 09, 2014