We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dream Makers Vacation Services

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 23
Dream Makers Vacation Services

Does anyone have good or bad reviews about Dream Makers Vacation Services? I'm currently working with them and would like to know a little more about them. THANKS!

31 replies to this topic
21. Re: Dream Makers Vacation Services

Yes ,I have booked with them twice .the first time to Jamaica and the second to the Bahamas.Both trips were amazing.I worked with Michael and he was amazing!

London, Canada
reviews: 1
22. Re: Dream Makers Vacation Services

I booked with Mike McHugh for my sandals weddingmoon. We went to Sandals Whitehouse in Jamaica at the end of May. Mike was awesome!!! I must've emailed him like 30 times over the 2 years before our trip, and he always emailed me back quickly with helpful answers. He suggested that we book early in case the price went down. We ended up rebooking twice and saving about $1200 or so! He was super friendly and effiecient. Not to mention, when we arrived at the resort we found out that Mike got us an upgrade on our room!!! The room we had was about $1500 more than we paid! It was a one bedroom suite!!! We were extremely happy with Mike, and we will be booking with him again for sure. The best part is that we didn't pay him anything! We will be recommending him to all our friends. He made our trip an absolute PARADISE!!!

NJ
reviews: 9
23. Re: Dream Makers Vacation Services

I used them for a trip to St. Lucia. I usually book my self but decided to use a agent this time. I am so glad I did, they are a great, I booked with Amy. I used them again to book a trip in January 2014

Muskegon, Michigan
reviews: 4
24. Re: Dream Makers Vacation Services

The reviews don't lie. They do not return emails and are very hard to get hold of and did not provide me any information I requested. They always had excuses--too busy traveling. I will not waste my money on this Agency that treats you so bad. We were going to book a vacation at a Sandals and decided to go elsewhere. Good Luck

Collegeville...
25. Re: Dream Makers Vacation Services

I found Dream Makers Vacation Services to be extremely helpful. We just returned from a trip to Beaches Turks and Caicos. Michael McHugh was our agent and set up everything for us, and was very helpful when it came to trying to decide what type of room we should choose, flights and dining reservations. He was responsive to our questions and clearly laid out what we needed to do. The trip went very smoothly and we appreciated the stress free vacation!

boston
reviews: 3
26. Re: Dream Makers Vacation Services

I used her a couple of times and finally got fed up and decided against using them again, as did my mother. Amy got back to me, but was always what i thought was rude and condesending. has a few specific issues, if you have any q's feel free to PM me

Gettysburg...
27. Re: Dream Makers Vacation Services

We booked our trip to st. lucia through Amanda Mcadoo. All of her correspondence with us was extremely professional, and she got back to us extremely quickly (usually in under a half hour). Upon arrival to st lucia (all of our flight arrangements worked perfectly at a very affordable rate), we were greeted personally by the resort manager because of his correspondence with Amanda. We also were welcomed to our room with fresh fruit and cheese and a complimentary bottle of champagne thanks to Amanda. I would highly recommend Dream Makers to anyone booking a vacation, it really was a dream trip made easy!

Gettysburg...
28. Re: Dream Makers Vacation Services

We booked our trip to st. lucia through Amanda Mcadoo. All of her correspondence with us was extremely professional, and she got back to us extremely quickly (usually in under a half hour). Upon arrival to st lucia (all of our flight arrangements worked perfectly at a very affordable rate), we were greeted personally by the resort manager because of his correspondence with Amanda. We also were welcomed to our room with fresh fruit and cheese and a complimentary bottle of champagne thanks to Amanda. I would highly recommend Dream Makers Vacation Services to anyone booking a vacation, it really was a dream trip made easy!

Texas
reviews: 12
29. Re: Dream Makers Vacation Services

Thought I would add my two cents to this thread. As you can tell, I like to travel and have written several reviews. A few other things you should know – I love beach vacations and I am what you might call OCD – lol. I once laminated an itinerary at Disney just in case it rained. I have always booked my own trips, including trips to the Olympics and Alaska. I just want to make sure everything runs smoothly, and I know I can count on myself to make that happen.

All that said, several years back I came across Dream Makers Vacation Services in a trip advisor review. They had received glowing remarks and so I decided to use them to book a beach trip I wanted to take. I was still a little nervous not doing it on my own.

Long story short – WOW – best travel decision I ever made!! They have been helping me with beach trips ever since (for at least 3 years). Amy has always been courteous, professional, and helpful. But, it’s not just that. Amy has also recommended other things for me. I remember once, she suggested I look at a resort named Zoetry because they were having a special. I had never heard of the resort, but decided to try it out. It was unbelievable, and Amy knew that because she had been there before. I am sure at some travel companies you are just a number, but not at Dream Makers Vacation Services.

It has been my experience in the last year or so, that airlines have cancelled flights more and changed itineraries more than they have in the past. It happened on one of my recent trips and Amy came to the rescue. She helped change flights around and the resort stay.

If you are reading reviews like this – admit it, you are a little OCD too. You want to make sure all your hard earned money is spent well. All I can tell you, is that I am the same way – and once I used Amy and Dream Makers Vacation Services one time, I have used them every time since.

That reminds me, I think I need to email them to book another trip!!

Lancaster...
30. Re: Dream Makers Vacation Services

We traveled to El Dorado Royale and booked through Amanda McAdoo at Dream Makers Vacation Service. For our honeymoon, my husband and I had no clue where to start when deciding where to go, what airlines to use, etc. Amanda helped us out with the whole process and made the experience very stress-free! Since we had no idea where we wanted to go, Amanda asked us specifics on what kind of vacation we would like. After reviewing our vacation wants, Amanda sent us a list of resorts she felt would be good options for us. Along with the resorts, she specifically mentioned why she felt we would like the resort.. For example she told us which ones had the great beaches, excursions, food, etc. My husband and I truly appreciated the time Amanda took to help us find the perfect place for our honeymoon. Once we decided on the destination, the booking process was extremely easy and worry free since Amanda took care of most of it. She was quick to reply with any emails we sent and thoroughly answered each question.

To be honest, my husband and I were most nervous about the trip from the airport to the resort; however, Amanda had everything ready to go and made the travel from the airport to the resort so easy and accommodating.

The resort Amanda recommended to us was PERFECT. El Dorado Royale was the perfect place for us. It had great food, drinks, beaches and excursions. Before our honeymoon, we assumed we'd be ready to leave by the end of the week since it was an all inclusive resort; however, we hated to leave after one week and kept saying we could stay for at least another week because of all the accommodations provided as well as the amazing, friendly service! It was everything we wanted and we are already planning to go back on our five year anniversary- hoping to use Dream Makers Vacation services to help us!

I highly recommend our resort and Dream Makers Vacation Services. I already recommended Dream Makers Vacation Services to friends and family members who were all extremely impressed and happy about the service they received from the agency!

Reply to: Dream Makers Vacation Services
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted