We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review missing

Winkleigh, United...
reviews: 3
Review missing

I was bemused to see that I had only submitted two reviews of two Travelodge hotels, both of which I thought were excellent. A third excellent one posted today and pending.

The very first review I made was however, missing. This was of a dreadful Travelodge in Torquay and the review was on view last time I looked some months ago.

WHY would my review have been taken off Tripadvisors website?

Anneeco

9 replies to this topic
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 143
1. Re: Review missing

Hi,

When did you submit the review for the Travelodge Torquay? Reviews for that hotel start at the end of December 2013. If you submitted it earlier than that, quite likely the lodge either changed ownership or it went through a major renovation--in both cases, Tripadvisor removes reviews prior to the date of ownership change or renovation.

If you submitted it recently, then you should ask Tripadvisor why it removed it:

www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport

Select Reviews > Status of my Review > Not Listed

Silvia

Edited: 12:36 pm, March 23, 2014
Winkleigh, United...
2. Re: Review missing

Further to my above post – this is strange. If I google ‘Diabolical - a room short of a cardboard box!’ it comes up first on the google site (posted on TA on 2011).

As you say, the only reviews of Torquay Travelodge on Tripadvisor online now are from 2013 onwards, and they are ALL great reviews!!

Thank you for your answer but my review was based on their newly refurbishment and I can see from the photos that the rooms are just the same now. How do I get in touch with Tripadvisor about it, I couldn't find anywhere to send them an email or a message?

Winkleigh, United...
3. Re: Review missing

Sorry - thanks for the link - didn't see it first time reading!!

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
reviews: 95
4. Re: Review missing

Travelodge are refurbishing all of their hotels and having older reviews deleted as a result

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
5. Re: Review missing

Regardless, since there are no reviews prior to December 2013, the most likely reason is ownership change or major reno.

I should have mentioned previously that all Travelodges are going through major renovation. It was discussed in this forum in September 2013:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k6878403…

""If I google ‘Diabolical - a room short of a cardboard box!’ it comes up first on the google site (posted on TA on 2011)."

That's not uncommon, you can see what it is cached by google. The cache will eventually be replaced and cleared.

Silvia

PS: it'll take 5-7 business days to get a response from TA.

Winkleigh, United...
6. Re: Review missing

I stayed at a TL this weekend and today received an email to answer a survey. This TL was excellent and all questions answered accordingly.

At the end of the survey I was asked if I would like to submit a review for TA which I was happy to do and wrote a very favourable review which was posted to TA VIA Travelodge.

This begs the question - Is Travelodge affiliated to TA in any way as they have a direct connection via their website? If this is so then perhaps they have some influence over any bad reviews they have received in the past. AN INTERESTING OBSERVATION!!!

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
7. Re: Review missing

"Is Travelodge affiliated to TA in any way as they have a direct connection via their website?"

No, they're not affiliated. Tripadvisor offers all owners a way of collecting reviews via their website or email. That's why you may see Review collected in partnership with Travelodge.

Silvia

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 795
8. Re: Review missing

>> If this is so then perhaps they have some influence over any bad reviews they have received in the past.<<

No, they do not.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 69
9. Re: Review missing

>> If this is so then perhaps they have some influence over any bad reviews they have received in the past.<<

You didn't have to submit your review via Travelodge. You could have submitted your review directly to TA.

Best Regards

Reply to: Review missing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted