We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Business does not meet Tripadvisor's submission guidelines.

Scotland
reviews: 5
Business does not meet Tripadvisor's submission guidelines.

I proposed to post a review about a lovely B & B we stayed at in Cornwall, England but discovered that the establishment was not listed so I asked through TripAdvisor's website that it be listed, attaching the link to the B & B for them to see.

I received a very prompt response from TripAdvsor saying "this business does not meet our submission guidelines."

From what I can see on the B & B's website and from my own experience staying there it seems that the business does meet TripAdvisor's submission guidelines.

As this B & B deserves to get a positive review and increased patronage, I would like to clarify TripAdvisor's response and hopefully have them list the business so I can post my review but I can not see anywhere on their site where I can ask TripAdvisor for clarification.

Does anyone have a solution for me?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 71
1. Re: Business does not meet Tripadvisor's submission guidelines.

Hi davnz;

The answer you've received is about all TA staff will say, even if you were to contact them.

Have you read the listing criteria ? Perhaps that will provide some insight.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/GetListedNew

Best Regards

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 67
2. Re: Business does not meet Tripadvisor's submission guidelines.

In my experience, the reason most B&Bs get rejected for listing is either because they can only accommodate one party at a time (TA wants to see at least two parties, but they make case-by-case exceptions) or because they think it is a vacation rental property rather than a B&B. In either case, if the business is licensed by local authorities, the B&B owners can submit proof of licensing and that can help.

Scotland
3. Re: Business does not meet Tripadvisor's submission guidelines.

I did read the TripAdvisor guidelines and as my message said it appears that the establishment meets them, hence my reason for seeking clarification of their decision and hopefully have it reviewed.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 28
4. Re: Business does not meet Tripadvisor's submission guidelines.

It won't be re-evaluated by posting here. All the forums are member to member support.

Scotland
5. Re: Business does not meet Tripadvisor's submission guidelines.

Please, people! I'm not expecting a solution here to the listing being rejected.

I'm simply asking if anyone knows how I can contact TripAdvisor to ask them why they rejected the listing when the establishment's website indicates (as did my personal experience) that it meets the very criteria that TripAdvisor espouses.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 131
6. Re: Business does not meet Tripadvisor's submission guidelines.

Well see what country wife suggested in #2 and the owners can do this if they want to get into TA . They will have all the necessary info and proof

Or you can contact TA again but they may not give you a better explanation

Why not ask the owner to do this if they are interested in increasing their business

Edited: 1:11 am, January 06, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 54
7. Re: Business does not meet Tripadvisor's submission guidelines.

Well, you actually did ask for a solution in your OP: :-)

Give this link a try. It goes to TA Staff.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport

Then from the first drop down choose < Listings

From the second drop down choose > A listing has the wrong information or is categorized incorrectly.

A text box now appears for you to type in.

This is the ONLY choice in the listings section that opens a text box for TA Staff, even though it doesn't sound right. Give it a go. Good luck.

Scotland
8. Re: Business does not meet Tripadvisor's submission guidelines.

Thanks for your response 'MuftiMixandmatch.'' The only one that provided a means of contacting TripAdvisor which is what I was seeking.

I have sent off the request and we will see what their response is.

Vancouver is a great place and the people are very friendly and helpful. We stayed there for a few nights in the month following our visit to Cornwall and it was a pleasure to provide a positive review on TripAdvisor of our accommodation there.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 831
9. Re: Business does not meet Tripadvisor's submission guidelines.

Hi davnz, there is one other possible answer and that is that the TA staff member checking your submission just made a mistake! Mistakes do happen, we are after all only human. I submit a lot of properties to be listed and every once in awhile, one gets denied for no logical reason I can figure out.

When this happens, I usually send TA a polite note, giving more info on the property and asking for it to be listed. That seems to work, or you will get a personal answer explaining why they won't accept it. Do be patient though, as it may take a week for somebody to get back to you.

Also, if you do not hear anything, then wait about a week and check the destination listing. TA does not always notify you when a submission gets approved and listed!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 54
10. Re: Business does not meet Tripadvisor's submission guidelines.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in Vancouver. You couldn't have chosen a more "Vancouver" residence than that one. 1906, a huge boom time in Vancouver, immigration from Britain including my ancestors from L'pool on one side and the Wirral on the other. Imagine all the high rises gone and houses just like the one you stayed in from English Bay, throughout the peninsula, all the way up to Burrard St. That was residential Vancouver, the shops were around Granville and Georgia where The Bay is now (1913-1914), although The Bay was originally on Cordova St. (1887). You got a taste of that, but it must have been a beautiful, small city.

Let us know what TA's reply is.