I should also note that I have received rejection messages today for a few listings that were added to TA *after* my original request. I think that this is what happened in those cases:
1. I submitted the listing request.
2. TA rejected it, but somehow failed to send me the usual email rejecting a listing.
3. After 8 weeks, having received no rejection email and also not finding that the listing had been added to TA, I assumed the listing request was somehow lost in TA's system. So I resubmitted it.
4. The listing was added upon resubmission. (In Andrew's case, I imagine that someone else submitted a listing request for that B&B.)
5. TA added the listing, since it had been rejected in error in the first place.
6. Today, TA's system belatedly sent the rejection emails that should have been sent after #1, causing much confusion and frustration.