We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MemeberCentre - Will This Sheer Mockery Ever End?!

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
reviews: 296
MemeberCentre - Will This Sheer Mockery Ever End?!

When TA is going to stop tormenting their members with USELESS changes??

We used to be able to reach forum posts history in contributions in one click - by having them at the left hand side.

Then they made that stupid one-arm-bandit-like contributions calculator at the top - okay, frustrating, but at least forums were accessible from drop-down-menu.

Did that suffice for TA?! No! Now it brings you to all those useless pictures and you have to make endless clicks (sorting contributions etc) to reach forum posting history through the member centre.

What the heck?!

Stop this fiddling already and focus and what is REALLY important. You are NOT making TA more user-friendly, just more frustrating to use.

Bring back at least the previous format of the member centre - when contributions could have been reached in one click. Thanks.

Edited: 1:31 am, October 29, 2013
158 replies to this topic
Tucson Arizona
reviews: 186
1. Re: MemeberCentre - Will This Sheer Mockery Ever End?!

I noticed that things have changed today. I agree, this is quite frustrating.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 788
2. Re: MemeberCentre - Will This Sheer Mockery Ever End?!

fustrating is not the word.........crazy is more like it.getting access to Forum contributions is important and i can't see anyway of getting there quickly now at all.

Seems to me that TA really don't care about the forum which to many of us are the only things that keep us on TA.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 788
3. Re: MemeberCentre - Will This Sheer Mockery Ever End?!

I see there is a link to forum posts on the right hand side of the page but it is still several click to get to forum posts

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 54
4. Re: MemeberCentre - Will This Sheer Mockery Ever End?!

When I click on my user name under my avatar, I get the usual printed list of my forum posts. Then when I click on Contributions up top to try to go to my reviews, I get whisked to my photo tiles.

When I click on my user name in the last post location, I get the usual printed list of forum posts. Then the same as above.

When I access Your Trip Advisor at the top edge, I can click on Contributions and get reviews. Messages get me messages. But when I click on Contributions by the odometre, I get whisked to the tiles. I have 11 tiles, which is both a blessing (bec they don't scroll down forever) and a ridiculous indication of my contributions. And trying to navigate that page is as fruitless as navigating the Help Centre. No, it's worse IME.

NEWTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM. This must be a glitch, programming gone wrong. Absolutely not useful, not helpful, not logical, not friendly. What's the purpose? Please explain because my leetle grey cells are seeing nothing but fog here.

I would like the printed list of my posts right at hand. I would like my reviews to be next at hand. I would like to go to another user's account and not be smacked in the face with pretty pictures. Seeing another user's printed list of forum posts is what makes replying to a thread work well. You can see what they've posted, where they are in their planning, and connect the dots.

Oh, and where is the Send Message button?

This new design gets a fail.

Tasmania
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
reviews: 72
5. Re: MemeberCentre - Will This Sheer Mockery Ever End?!

The forums are not intended to be easy to find.

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
reviews: 296
6. Re: MemeberCentre - Will This Sheer Mockery Ever End?!

There's no point in hiding them from those who already know they exist.

Edited: 5:12 am, October 29, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
reviews: 45
7. Re: MemeberCentre - Will This Sheer Mockery Ever End?!

Word for word what MMm said.

And I thought it must have been just me. I spent like ten minutes turning on and off my iPad, logging on and off the site during my lunch break - thinking it was some glitch. All I wanted to do, was to go back to the most recent thread I posted on.

New design huh?

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
reviews: 35
8. Re: MemeberCentre - Will This Sheer Mockery Ever End?!

I noticed this change before I went to bed last night when doing a search for a particular member and wanting to locate one of their posts and I was confronted with a photo of every destination they had posted on along with the total number of contributions for that destination. I just wanted to see their contribution list as in the past.

They only way it appears I can do this is to click on their name in one of their contributions. Why on earth do TA keep making these changes, hardly any of which are welcomed by it's regular posters?

Tasmania
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
reviews: 72
9. Re: MemeberCentre - Will This Sheer Mockery Ever End?!

Cora, While people who are already addicted to the forums will probably persevere and find the forums, newcomers may well give up.

Chester, United...
reviews: 53
10. Re: MemeberCentre - Will This Sheer Mockery Ever End?!

I have my forum contribution page saved as a favourite and TA always opens on that page and thereafter by clicking on my name it takes me back there

Am I missing something

Reply to: MemeberCentre - Will This Sheer Mockery Ever End?!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted