We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Find out who has deleted my photos and punish him severely.

USA
reviews: 159
Find out who has deleted my photos and punish him severely.

Case in point: tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g37816-d77… I am tired of having my photos deleted. Please reinstate them and prevent further deletions. Thank you.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 66
1. Re: Find out who has deleted my photos and punish him severely.

Hoogo, if you'd just stop posing nude in front of those landmarks, you wouldn't have this problem!

But seriously, I would be more than a little irked if I was in your situation. I hope it gets sorted out, the sooner the better.

USA
2. Re: Find out who has deleted my photos and punish him severely.

I am not nude, but my belly covers my Speedo.

USA
3. Re: Find out who has deleted my photos and punish him severely.

TripAdvisor posted a new photo. We will see if it lasts.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
4. Re: Find out who has deleted my photos and punish him severely.

Filling Station Winglube‌ ? Fav sauces ? Have you tried the hottest ones yet ?

USA
5. Re: Find out who has deleted my photos and punish him severely.

"TripAdvisor posted a new photo. We will see if it lasts." Nope, it's gone.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 37
6. Re: Find out who has deleted my photos and punish him severely.

I don't see a review for the Filling Station in your list. Is the whole review being removed? Or are you trying to add just photos to that restaurant?

USA
7. Re: Find out who has deleted my photos and punish him severely.

I just submitted photos, MuftiMixandmatch, no reviews. I have not been in the place since the 1970's. Perhaps being a restaurant named the Filling Station is working against them. At one time their Photo from around the world was of an actual former filling station. Can anyone suggest an appropriate way to contact TripAdvisor?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 37
8. Re: Find out who has deleted my photos and punish him severely.

I was thinking that not attaching the photos to a review might have been the problem although there is nothing in the guidelines to suggest a review is necessary. But I equate "the photo out of the blue" to one of those OPs we get on the forums sometimes that pop up out of the blue to recommend something. Those posts are typically reported and removed. Could be you need a review to go with?

To contact TA:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport

Then from the first drop down menu choose > Listings

From the second drop down menu choose > a listing has wrong information

A text box appears for you to write your enquiry. It's not a perfect fit for your question, but will get to the listings department and staff who can help you.

Edited: 1:01 pm, September 25, 2013
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 66
9. Re: Find out who has deleted my photos and punish him severely.

Mufti, a review is not a requirement. I must have roughly a hundred or more photos without any corresponding reveiws. I've never seen anything in the guidelines that requires photographs to be associated with existing reviews or Traveller Articles.

I suspect that the problem is the new & improved post-PFAW process that removes photos quickly when they are reported as being for the wrong location. It's possible that someone has found that this provides a loophole to harass other TA members by removing their content.

Hoogo, I like Mufti's suggestion for how to contact TA about this. You might also try reporting it to TA moderators, as it could in fact be harassment, depending on what is happening behind the scenes to get the photos removed.

www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport > select "Forums, Private Messages, ..." > select "Help Using the Forums"

Edited: 1:22 pm, September 25, 2013
USA
10. Re: Find out who has deleted my photos and punish him severely.

Like C_W I have submitted many photos to places I have not reviewed. It would be nice if each local restaurant was represented by an appropriate photo. All submissions have been family friendly and most have a photo of the restaurant's sign. I always reduce the quality, sometimes to 0.7mb. They look fine to me, but I could try submitting them in higher quality.

TripAdvisor said I had 340 photos yesterday, 335 early this morning, and 339 when I posted on this thread this morning and now. I do not know if I could track down other missing photos if I tried.

Thanks to both of you for the contact suggestions. I flipped a coin and am going to use MuftiMixandmatch's contact suggestion and will elevate to Country_Wife's link in October, if necessary.

Get answers to your questions