We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Problem with Facebook connect

Porto Alegre, RS
reviews: 45
Problem with Facebook connect

Hello!

I am having a problem with Facebook connect. I think someone used my laptop while I was signed in TripAdvisor and connected their Facebook account with my TripAdvisor account.

Now, when I sign in TripAdvisor with Facebook, that person's Facebook account appears as the author of my reviews.

What can I do or who should I contact to resolve this issue?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Porto Alegre, RS
1. Re: Problem with Facebook connect

I have found these tips:

tripadvisor.com/…35344877

I will try that, but I am open to other suggestions.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 123
2. Re: Problem with Facebook connect

Welcome to the Support Forum, Gabriella! This is a peer-to-peer assistance forum.

You can disconnect from Facebook by following the instructions on this Help Center page:

…custhelp.com/app/…3D

I admit I don't understand how your account is connected to someone else's Facebook but you also signed on with your Facebook account. Very strange.

If the above doesn't solve the problem, go through the Help Center, Contact Us (left column), choose General Support, then pick Sign On & Registration. Pick the only option related to Facebook, even though it is not exactly your issue, your message will get to the right team.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/help

Silvia

Porto Alegre, RS
3. Re: Problem with Facebook connect

Thank your very much for your help, Silvia.

The problem is really strange, because I disconnected my TripAdvisor and Facebook accounts, tried to reconnect them and, again, it got linked to that same person's Facebook account.

I will try to contact TripAdvisor's General Support like you suggested.

Thank's again!

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 123
4. Re: Problem with Facebook connect

You're welcome!

Do you know how to delete specific cookies in your browser? It sounds like you have a very persistent Facebook cookie. Try to disconnect the accounts again. Make sure you sign off Facebook. Then, delete all Facebook cookies and try connecting it to your TA and FB account one more time. I hope it works.

Silvia

5. Re: Problem with Facebook connect

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions