We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Off Topic/inapropriate content THREAD removal

Castries, St. Lucia
reviews: 1
Off Topic/inapropriate content THREAD removal

I have identified an inappropriate and completely off topic thread that does not adhere to TripAdvisor's posting guidelines and additionally has been flagged as slanerish content by our company's online reputation management system.

The link to thread in question is:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g147342-i247-k56…

We would like this thread removed asap. I have already clicked the link on the Original post entitled "Report inappropriate content" what is the turnaround time for this process? Looking forward to some positive feedback. Thanks

Torremolinos, Spain
1. Re: Off Topic/inapropriate content THREAD removal

Hi there

The thread/post will remain until enough community members have also reported it (for the same reason) and it reaches the auto removal trigger point.

This is the fairest way for the forms to be self moderated (to a degree) as if it only required one report - such as yours - the process would be open to abuse and the forums would be a disaster zone.

If however you are keen to have it removed urgently then you can contact TA via the Help Center (link at the bottom of every page)

Click the Contact Us link on the left then select Forums etc, you'll work it out i'm sure :)

Then, if they agree with you they will remove it, otherwise it will remain.

CB

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 66
2. Re: Off Topic/inapropriate content THREAD removal

"Slanerish"? Surely you mean "libellous".

Castries, St. Lucia
reviews: 1
3. Re: Off Topic/inapropriate content THREAD removal

Thanks for the useful advice... Libellous Indeed... Thanks Country_Wife ... Well, it seems like the Original thread post have been removed as well as many reply posts and the Topic\Thread has been closed. While this is some progress, I would like the actual Thread \Topic removed\Deleted from the forum. Would love some positive feedback on how can this be achieved? Thanks

Edited: 10:50 pm, February 21, 2013
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 66
4. Re: Off Topic/inapropriate content THREAD removal

The most effective way to do this is to bring the posts directly to the attention of the TA moderators, via this web form:

www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport

Select "Forums, jPrivate Messages, & Traveler Articles" and then select "Help Using the Forums". Make sure to include a link to the appropriate discussion threads in the comment box.

Don't expect TA to tell you what they are doing; that is generally considered a private matter between TA and the members whose posts are in question.

Edited: 10:59 pm, February 21, 2013
5. Re: Off Topic/inapropriate content THREAD removal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 23, 2014