We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your reviews

Auckland, Auckland...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Your reviews

Get rid of having to write 200 characters then I will write a review.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
1. Re: Your reviews

But you've written 8 already - confused !!

The reason they have a 200 character minimum is to stop the submission of pointless one liners such as "Had a great time, the Hotel was ace" :)

I feel if people won't spend the time sharing their experience in the review in details (which is the whole point so as to help fellow travellers) then why bother?

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Santa Ponsa
Level Contributor
11,568 posts
81 reviews
2. Re: Your reviews

A review that doesn't tell the reader anything about the place isn't worth reading.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
Level Contributor
24,711 posts
67 reviews
3. Re: Your reviews

I have to agree. When I see reviews that say "the room was clean, the staff were excellent, but the location was poor", I want to tear my hair out. What made the staff stand out to you? Did they smile a lot? Did they send for an ambulance and give you first aid in a medical emergency? Why was the location poor? Was it too far from the nearest restaurant, to close to the nearest nightclub, in a dangerous part of town?

Give examples, answer "why", and you'll be at 200 characters in no time.

Only hotel reviews need to be 200 characters, by the way; restaurant and attraction reviews only need to be 100 characters long. And if you end a short review with "What more can I say?", I will personally mail you an enraged bobcat.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
52,892 posts
60 reviews
4. Re: Your reviews

The OP's existing reviews are very short anyway

Level Contributor
1,360 posts
366 reviews
5. Re: Your reviews

Personally, I wish TA would require reviews to be even longer. I skip right over the two-three sentence reviews, as I don't find them the least bit helpful.

Edited: 7:50 pm, February 21, 2013
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
40,859 posts
934 reviews
6. Re: Your reviews

TripAdvisor is NOT twitter!

>> Personally, I wish TA would require reviews to be even longer.<<

Same here :-)

7. Re: Your reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 24, 2014