We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weird Post Count

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
reviews: 288
Weird Post Count

Hi all,

I was away from TA for a while, so apologies if this was discussed before - I only quickly browsed few latest pages.

This weird thing has happened to me a couple of times - when I post a reply, my post count doesn't change immediately, i.e. the new post appears with the same post count as it was before I posted it. Made me wonder if any of my earlier posts were removed, but then shortly after the post count duly increases.

Anyone else noticed this?

Not that it bothers me or is in any way important, but I wonder if this is not, by any chance, an indication of some bigger glitch..

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Weird Post Count

My post count increases immediately.

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
2. Re: Weird Post Count

Just to clarify, this doesn't happen each time. Say, with 15 replies I posted today so far, it only happened twice.

Essex
reviews: 71
3. Re: Weird Post Count

I think there are a few glitches in the sysrtem at present.

The other day on the UK forum, we had a poster who reported that although he "proper" review count was showing, half her reviews had disappeared, later in the day they miraculously re appeared.

This incident was linked to some of the places that she had reviewed, all of wich their reviews had disappeared eg the Olympic Stadium which had 100+ reviews, suddenly had 0, these again miraculously appeared again, later in the day!!

I have noticed that closed threads were not being marked as such, immediately, yesterday...

Lots of "little" things, so venture a guess that the team are working on some changes, again......

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
4. Re: Weird Post Count

Thanks for the info on some similar oddities, EssexWanderer.

Ahh these "improvements"...

Chester, United...
reviews: 48
5. Re: Weird Post Count

I have not noticed any problems

Eastleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
reviews: 93
6. Re: Weird Post Count

I have noticed that when posts are removed the post count often lags behind showing more posts than can actually be seen.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 39
7. Re: Weird Post Count

Test 1, 2, 3.

Edit. Mine increased immediately.

Edited: 7:07 pm, February 17, 2013
8. Re: Weird Post Count

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 19, 2014