We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bug: can not add (or share) more than 3 photos in review now

San Francisco...
reviews: 142
bug: can not add (or share) more than 3 photos in review now

So here's an apparent new bug that I haven't seen mentioned here yet: When creating a new review, you can only add three photos for that review. Clicking the "add additional photos" link opens up to.... the "I am the owner of these photos" checkbox.

One can't add more than 3 photos in a new review.

I was able to make this problem reproduce on the main ta.com website using Firefox and Safari on my Macintosh. Are other people seeing this problem as well?

Manchester,CT.
reviews: 70
1. Re: bug: can not add (or share) more than 3 photos in review now

I cannot add ANY photos...TA says "inadmissible file name". What the heck is that?

I wish I could add three.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 67
2. Re: bug: can not add (or share) more than 3 photos in review now

Hi MichaelInSF,

I just added some photos (Firefox). After adding the three photos in the boxes, I clicked on the box saying that "I am the Owner of these photos" and then clicked on the link to add more photos. The page then changed with additional boxes to add more photos. The submission went through.

Did you click the box prior to trying to add your additional photos?

Regards,

L4

Edited: 9:07 pm, February 17, 2013
San Francisco...
3. Re: bug: can not add (or share) more than 3 photos in review now

That's not exactly the problem I described L4.

One can add three photos when authoring a brand new review.

One can *not* add more than three photos when authoring a brand new review.

To see what I am talking about, just go through the motions of creating a review on any property and then click the "Add More Photos" button. Instead of it opening up to reveal space for 7 more photos (or unlimited photos) to be uploaded, it'll say the "I am owner of these photos" checkbox.

In other words, this is either a feature downgrade or it's an unintentional bug. My guess is it's the latter.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for TripAdvisor Support
4. Re: bug: can not add (or share) more than 3 photos in review now

I wrote a new review just now and was able to "add" eight photos so it's working for me either way. So, it's not an intentional downgrade.

Regards,

L4

San Francisco...
5. Re: bug: can not add (or share) more than 3 photos in review now

Hmmm, it has been the case where the bad behavior I've seen is not the same (usually) good behavior that you've seen (see our interaction on this thread tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k5991386… ).

Are other Macintosh users having the same trouble that I am??

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for TripAdvisor Support
6. Re: bug: can not add (or share) more than 3 photos in review now

Yes, I remember you from previous posts. :-) Not specific to your issue, but we sometimes see certain glitches happening with certain browsers, e.g. IE.

I'm hoping that others will add to this thread about what's happening when they try to add photos, browser, etc.

Cheers,

L4

Newton...
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
7. Re: bug: can not add (or share) more than 3 photos in review now

HI Michael,

I just reproduced what you reported in Firefox when I disabled Flash in my browser add-ons. We now use a Flash-based photo uploader so if you turn Flash on in your browser, this should allow you to upload 10 photos. To enable Flash in Firefox, look in your tools menu and choose add-ons. On the left side, choose "Plugins". Enable Flash in the plugins list. This should allow you to add more than 3 photos.

That said, like you, I am almost certain that even without Flash enabled, our old photo upload page should (and did) allow you to upload more than 3 photos. I'll escalate this to the engineers to see if this limitation is a recent bug. I know that a small percentage of people have reported errors uploading photos with Flash enabled, so they depend on this older upload page.

I hope this helps and thanks for reporting this!

Jeanine

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 154
8. Re: bug: can not add (or share) more than 3 photos in review now

Hi Michael,

I just wrote a test review with my iMac (10.8.2), using Safari (6.0.2). I added six photos and uploaded them. No problem.

"Instead of it opening up to reveal space for 7 more photos (or unlimited photos) to be uploaded, it'll say the "I am owner of these photos" checkbox."

It doesn't open up space to add more photos. Clicking on Add more Photos, simply opens the Finder for you to choose your photo. Note also that there is a slide bar on the side, you move up and down to see the photos you added. If I remember correctly, it shows two photos per row.

The "I am owner of these photos" checkbox does not appear until all photos have been uploaded.

Sorry I didn't try with Firefox. Maybe I do that later, but out of curiosity, which OS and version of Safari are you using?

Silvia

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for TripAdvisor Support
9. Re: bug: can not add (or share) more than 3 photos in review now

Thanks Jeanine and Silvia!

L4

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 154
10. Re: bug: can not add (or share) more than 3 photos in review now

You're welcome, L4.

Jeanine,

Is that a known problem with Safari too? I'm curious as Michael was saying in his first post that the same issue happened with Safari and Firefox for Mac.

Thanks

Silvia