We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reviews Disappearing

Nicaragua
Reviews Disappearing

I am the owner of a hostel. I hate hassling guest about giving me reviews. The huge majority love it and pass it on word of mouth. The other night many guest were complaining about some of the dumb reviews my place received. SInce then many of them and others have posted on Facebook for past guest to write reviews. I got several good reviews that showed up immediately. Then several people emailed the hostel sating they wrote us great reviews. Now the good reviews are gone and the others never posted. What is happening? I have no way to contact Tripadvisor and ask.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 64
1. Re: Reviews Disappearing

Hi PosteRojoMan;

For future reference, TA has created an owners only forum to answer concerns like yours. Matters that pertain to your business or property, or that are relevant only to business owners or managers, should be posted in the Owners' forum. You can find that forum here on TA;

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i14281-Owners.h…

Most times when a review isn't posted in a timely manner, or when a review is posted and then removed, it is because the user / member failed to respond to an email request from TA staff. TA sends an email for your guests to confirm / re-confirm their review in an effort to reduce fraudulent postings.

They have to click on the link in the email to confirm their review. If they don't click the link in the email, within the allotted time frame, the review will be deleted.

TA staff will not provide you with ANY information about a guest's review, as TA considers it a private matter between your guest, and TripAdvisor.

Your guests will need to contact TripAdvisor staff for information.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/UserReviewSupport

Best Regards

2. Re: Reviews Disappearing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 am, February 16, 2013
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 752
3. Re: Reviews Disappearing

If your guests wrote reviews using your internet connection, that sends up a red flag to TA staff.

4. Re: Reviews Disappearing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 20, 2014