We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Forum question

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
reviews: 23
Forum question

I was wondering how long forum posts stay in your profile as a contribution. There is a member who had a particular live from posting at a hotel but it was a long time ago and it seems to have disappeared. Do they only stay on your profile for a certain length of time?

Denmark
reviews: 12
1. Re: Forum question

I am guessing here, but...

When there have been no activity in a topic on a forum for 12 months, the topic is deleted. When the topic is deleted, the contribution is not counting anymore at the members profile!

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 634
2. Re: Forum question

Your posts will stay on the forums for ever ,on your profile you will be able to see the last 1000 post,I have posts going back to June last year on my profile so 1000 seems about right.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
3. Re: Forum question

The topic is not deleted, but closed.

You can only see the latest 1,000 forum posts in a members profile.

Toronto, Canada
4. Re: Forum question

Posts that are deemed inappropriate, and posts on threads that get removed for being inappropriate, are deleted and removed from your profile. But as mentioned mere inactivity doesn't delete a thread, just close it.

In practice, there seem to be a bit fewer than 1000 posts on most people's profiles; removed posts may still "count" towards the 1000 but not be shown.

Google searches can sometimes turn up old posts more easily than TripAdvisor searches. Put the user name in quotes, e.g. "Texas123_7", for best results.

Edited: 10:18 am, February 12, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
reviews: 23
5. Re: Forum question

Ok, thanks. The 1,000 comment makes sense and looks like that what has happened.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 59
6. Re: Forum question

Texas123_7 ~ if you want help to find an old thread that you remember but can't find, let us know. There are ways to search for it.

7. Re: Forum question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 14, 2014