We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Missing Cities and Messed up badges

Montgomery, Alabama
reviews: 2
Missing Cities and Messed up badges

I'm not sure why certain cities can't be pinned. For example, I'm unable to pin Biloxi MS, or basically any gulf city from there to Mobile, AL…to include Mobile AL.

Also, I can't figure out why in the continent badges feature, Iraq and Qatar don't count as Asia. Are they mysteriously part of some continent I've never heard of?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 57
1. Re: Missing Cities and Messed up badges

Hi Snortland,

Welcome to the forums!

The forums are primarily member-driven and not TA Staff.

I had a look at my travel map and see what you mean. When the travel map was revamped, there have been missing cities that needed to be added. There was a long-standing thread but now that the corrections slowed down, you now need to contact TA Staff via the Help Center. So, you can start by clicking on the following link:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/GeneralSupport

From the drop-downs, select "Site and features" and then "Travel Map" (you'll see a dialogue box).

Your message will then be sent to the geography department.

Thanks,

L4

Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
reviews: 93
2. Re: Missing Cities and Messed up badges

This appears to be similar to a problem that occurred last November where a number of major cities including New Orleans disappeared from TA.

If you look at Biloxi on the main site no map appears on the main page or restaurants listing page and from a restaurant listing map there are no others nearby in Biloxi.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 57
3. Re: Missing Cities and Messed up badges

Hi Snortland,

I'd suggest including the URL of this thread in the dialogue box so that mymsman's comments will be seen by TA Staff.

Thanks,

L4

Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
reviews: 93
4. Re: Missing Cities and Messed up badges

As for Iraq and Qatar if you look at the grouping of countries on the TA forums home page http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ForumHome you will see that TA has some additional groupings in addition to the traditional continents.

So Iraq, Qatar and other countries appear as Middle East rather than Asia. On the other hand the travel map awards badges based on continents but it appears that because of the Middle East classification they are not being counted towards Asia, Similarly Panama does not count as South America.

5. Re: Missing Cities and Messed up badges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 13, 2014