We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I want to list a business

moe
I want to list a business

I was in Jaisalmer recently, and want to list the tour company on 'things to do' that took me on a camel safari, how do I do that?

Edited: 9:15 pm, February 09, 2013
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 138
1. Re: I want to list a business

Welcome to the Support forum, Rachel!

Was the safari tour you took a day tour or it took several days?

Silvia

moe
2. Re: I want to list a business

It was overnight, technically two days, the company runs 1/2 day / full day/overnight /two days

Regards

Rachael

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
3. Re: I want to list a business

Thanks, Rachel. I'm afraid you won't be able to request a listing for this tour business as Tripadvisor does not accept listings for overnight tours, only for day tours.

You can write up your experience in the form of a trip report and post it on the relevant forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g297667-i9848-Jais…

Silvia

moe
4. Re: I want to list a business

So I can't write about the experience and not mention 'overnight'?

My friend runs the tour and he was unable to list his business himself, so I wanted to do it for him,

Is there any problem with this?

Regards

Rachael

New Delhi, India
reviews: 1
5. Re: I want to list a business

I have seen so many companies do overnight or multi city tours and are listed on trip advisor with more than 50+ or 100+ reviews. Almost more than 90 per cent reviews posted are of overnight or multi city tours. Check this listing tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g304555-d1…

They are listed in Jaipur for day tours but most of their reviews shows the guest has traveled for more than 2/ 3 days or more and visited not only Jaipur but other cities as well. Like above listing, I have found few more

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g304555-d3…

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g304551-d1…

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g304551-d1…

If above all companies get listed then trip advisor must consider to list Rachel recommended camel safari tour in Jaisalmer.

Kathmandu, Nepal
reviews: 8
6. Re: I want to list a business

I am from Kathmandu,Nepal and want to list my Trekking Agency on 'things to do' so how do I do that?

Edited: 12:46 am, February 13, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 63
7. Re: I want to list a business

Hi Rachel,

No, you can't list it for the same reason the tour operator can't. As Silvia has explained in Post 3, multi-day tours cannot be listed.

Regards,

L4

Kathmandu, Nepal
reviews: 8
8. Re: I want to list a business

Thank you so much for your kind message. May I know In which category TripAdvisor list, there i can listed my Trekking Agency ?

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
9. Re: I want to list a business

Rachel,

Not only a multi-day tours cannot be listed, but even if they could, you cannot w

review your friend's company. You need to familiarize yourself with Tripadvisor's guidelines.

Regarding multi- day tours:

…custhelp.com/app/…Tours

Review posting guidelines:

…custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/534

And

tripadvisor.com/help/what_constitutes_first_…

Silvia

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
10. Re: I want to list a business

Plkum,

Companies that in addition to multi-day offer day tours can get listed ONLY for the day tours, and ONLY those tours can be reviewed.

If those reviews that you cite are for overnight tours, report them. Tripadvisor has been taking down all the reviews that are not day tours.

Silvia