We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review Removed

Crested Butte...
reviews: 5
Review Removed

I was wondering how a negative review can be removed? The one I had removed stated some pretty unfortunate facts about the business but it was all fact. The business owner (who was not posting as the business owner but I recognized his picture ) sent me a private message asking how I knew these things. I have not yet replied because I want to first find out how this review was removed. I am simply concerned about the safety of customers at the establishment. I don't want anyone else to die while participating in a seemingly fun activity so I hope the review can be reposted.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 56
1. Re: Review Removed

If you are asking about a review that you wrote, use this link:

www.TripAdvisor.com/UserReviewSupport

Or are you asking about a review that you read but didn't write?

Crested Butte...
reviews: 5
2. Re: Review Removed

No I wrote it. It appears that the link you gave me is to check the status of a review. The review I wrote was posted then removed. It's no longer even listed as one of my reviews on the drop down menu of that form.

Edited: 9:35 pm, February 08, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 28
3. Re: Review Removed

Hi.

That is the correct form. Ask for the status of your review, and when asked the name, choose "not listed." They should get back to you in under a week.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 59
4. Re: Review Removed

Hi CB,

You can use the link that PacificNWFamily gave you and from the list, select "Not listed".

Regards,

L4

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 65
5. Re: Review Removed

Hi CB L;

Most times when a review is posted and then removed, the user has failed to respond to a verification email. TA sends an email for you to confirm your review in an effort to reduce fraudulent postings.

Make sure TA has your correct email address and that no mail from TA has been caught up in a spam folder in your email system. You have to click on the link in the email to confirm your review. If you don't click the link in the email, within the allotted time frame, the review will be deleted.

For an exact answer, you will need to contact TA staff, as suggested above.

Best Regards

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 591
6. Re: Review Removed

Perhaps the proprietor has complained and the review may not have met guidelines.Its only speculation but TA may provide more information.

Tommo

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 751
7. Re: Review Removed

TripAdvisor does not give a fig if a review is good, bad or indifferent. All reviews, however, MUST conform to the review guidelines.

Often when travelers have a poor experience, they are angry or upset. If they write their review at this time, it is entirely possible that they may inadvertently violate the review guidelines.

Once a review has been posted, any TripAdvisor member has the ability to report “Problems with this review” for the following reasons:

Review violates guidelines

Review is suspicious

Review posted to the wrong location

When a review is reported, TripAdvisor staff ‘may’ remove the review whilst they investigate. They will analyze the review and if it is found to be not in compliance, posted to the wrong location, or otherwise suspicious, it will be removed and/or not re-posted. If the review is determined to be in compliance with all guidelines and for the correct location, it will be re-posted and remain.

8. Re: Review Removed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 11, 2014