We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants not listed

Gurnee, Illinois
reviews: 126
Restaurants not listed

I have had several occasions where the restaurant isn't listed and I FOID it through another website. You need to add something allowing the addation of a business by way of a smart phone while at the restaurant.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 132
1. Re: Restaurants not listed

Hi there,

This is the Support Forum. Like all Tripadvisor forums, it is primarily member-driven.

You should post your suggestion in the Help Us Make Tripadvisor Better forum (HUMTAB) which was set up specifically to provide feedback and suggestions to Tripadvisor:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12104-Help_us_…

As the sticky on how to use the forum explains, Tripadvisor Staff read all posts even though they may not comment on all suggestions.

Silvia

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 66
2. Re: Restaurants not listed

Before I respond to your question, I want to point out that I don't work for TripAdvisor. As with all Destination Experts, I'm a TA member like you who volunteers to help fellow members.

New listings can't currently be added through the TripAdvisor app. If you want to suggest this ability should be added to the app, you should follow Silvia's suggestion above and post in the HUMTAB forum.

I thought you might like to know that if your smartphone has a web browser, you can suggest new listings through the TripAdvisor website. You'll find the instructions here:

…custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/529/kw

Most of the listings that I submit are added to TA in about a week. You'll probably receive an email letting you know when the listing has been added.

What is FOID?

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 751
3. Re: Restaurants not listed

FOID = State of Illinois, Firearm Owners Identification

Perhaps there is also another meaning? LOL!

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 66
4. Re: Restaurants not listed

I also found FOID was short for "form of ID", but that doesn't seem to make sense either. Auto-correct in action, perhaps?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 591
5. Re: Restaurants not listed

Found???

Tommo

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 28
6. Re: Restaurants not listed

I wanted to go to the restaurant but I couldn't afoid. It.? ^o^

Sorry, best I could come up with.

I agree with ex pat, use the mobile version. But it would nice if there was a formal link. In asked for an app just to add listings. Maybe I'll ask for it again.

Gurnee, Illinois
reviews: 126
7. Re: Restaurants not listed

Foid should have been found but the excellent spell check on the handy smartphones seems to have a mind of it's own.

Thanks for the assistance!

8. Re: Restaurants not listed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 11, 2014