We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wrong business listing

New Delhi, India
Wrong business listing

I was trying to list my business Delhi Food Tour, but mistakenly registered my id with an existing business Delhi Food Tours (Notice the extra 's' after Tour.)

I've sent 4 mails to support explaining this problem and then tried creating anew listing for my actual business. I can't neither create a listing for my business nor get my profile delinked from other business. Please help, it's been a month and I have not received a single response.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Wrong business listing

It can easily take 5-6 weeks to list a new business.

Eastleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
reviews: 93
2. Re: Wrong business listing

It is a recipe for disaster to have two different companies whose names only differ by a single S at the end.

I don't know about Indian company law but in many countries such similarity would be considered to be trademark infringement or 'passing off' and involve expensive squabbling amongst lawyers as to who had the rights to use the name.

Even if acceptable under Indian law it is still a very bad idea - if you as a company owner were confused think how much confusion there will be amongst your potential customers with them booking with and writing reviews for the wrong company.

If the other company used the name first I would suggest renaming your company to something less similar.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 134
3. Re: Wrong business listing

I agree with Mymsman and if I were Tripadvisor staff, I would accept a company with such a similar name in the same country.

Delhi food tour is listed twice, as a Resource on this page:

tripadvisor.com/Resources-g304551-Maps-New_D…

I don't know how you have tried to get in touch with Tripadvisor Staff to get your user id off that other company's listing, but suggest you send an email to verify@tripadvisor.com. (This email address is ONLY to see if they can help you get off the listing.)

Silvia

New Delhi, India
4. Re: Wrong business listing

I had no idea about the other company before i registered it., I have a valid registered trademark and an old domain name. So there is no problem at least legally. Even our niches are different. We are in to street food and sight seeing, while other business is in to fancy dining, tea tasting kind of stuff.

Thanks for your advice. I'll try emailing that address

5. Re: Wrong business listing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 14, 2014