We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why has my review been removed?

Glasgow, Scotland...
reviews: 8
Why has my review been removed?

I recently reviewed somewhere I stayed, received a number of 'useful votes' for it and got feedback from other people saying positive things (despite it being a negative review) and it has been removed from the page and from my review page. I followed all the rules, surely I would be notified if it was removed for a reason? Help?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 64
1. Re: Why has my review been removed?

Hi Rachel;

Here are the three main reasons why a review is deleted;

1. The business is under new ownership and the new owners have asked TripAdvisor to remove the previous reviews relating to the old management. For more information about TripAdvisor's policy, visit this Help Centre page;

tripadvisor.com/help/i_just_bought_a_bb_and_…

2. TA sent you an email to confirm / re-confirm your review. You have to click on a link in the email. If you don't click the link in the email, or don’t reply within a certain timeframe, the review will be deleted.

Ensure that your current email address is correct on your TA profile and that no mail from TA has been caught up in a spam folder in your email system.

3. Your review violated TripAdvisor’s guidelines.

tripadvisor.com/help/our_guidelines_for_trav…

The most likely cause would be #1 or #2.

This forum, like all the forums on TripAdvisor, is peer-to-peer assistance. TripAdvisor staff won't post on the forum the actual reason why your review was removed, as they consider it a private matter. You will need to contact TA directly by email.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/UserReviewSupport

Click on "status of my review", then select "Not listed".

Best Regards

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 39
2. Re: Why has my review been removed?

Hi Rachel ~

I was just reading a negative review of a place. In it the reviewer included "other people were saying the same thing was happening and the problem is known in town." This kind of thing is called hearsay and TA will remove a review like this. The reviewer doubled their trouble by including a URL to a website. On yet another review, a reviewer made reference to other reviews posted ahead of theirs. Not saying you did the same, just saying that what seems like a review within guidelines may violate something.

3. Re: Why has my review been removed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 04, 2014