We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tripadvisor on Chrome Windows 8

Wales
reviews: 8
Tripadvisor on Chrome Windows 8

Have just updated to W8, and now tripadvisor does not display any results (hotels, restaurants etc) after selecting a destination. IE works fine, but would prefer to continue using Chrome - am I missing an extension? Have tried relauncing Chrome in w8 mode with no effect.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
reviews: 54
1. Re: Tripadvisor on Chrome Windows 8

Hi Richard ~

You probably know that this forum is member to member assistance and not a TA office.

I have no idea! But the last time someone said they couldn't see hotels, restaurants, they found out that the screen was at 200% and needed to be minimized. Just a thought.

SE COLO
reviews: 11
2. Re: Tripadvisor on Chrome Windows 8

Did you get an answer because I'm getting the same thing and so far Tripadvisor support hasn't given me an answer.

3. Re: Tripadvisor on Chrome Windows 8

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:28 pm, February 12, 2013
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 156
4. Re: Tripadvisor on Chrome Windows 8

I suggest you contact Google as Chrome is their creation, or Microsoft.

TripAdvisor works well on Chrome with other operating systems.

Silvia

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 14
5. Re: Tripadvisor on Chrome Windows 8

It's likely a TA problem, not a Chrome problem. Software behaves slightly differently on different versions of browsers and on different operating systems. It's always the job of the software developers to test it across the various combinations and tweak the code as needed.

Such bugs are common. Hopefully they'll get it fixed soon.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 156
6. Re: Tripadvisor on Chrome Windows 8

If you google it, you'll see that there are many reports out there of pages not working with Chrome on Windows 8, problems loading javascript and CSS, etc., etc.

I contacted a Tripadvisor staffer to see if she can help.

Silvia

Newton...
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
7. Re: Tripadvisor on Chrome Windows 8

Hi DKNV,

Hmm, can you check whether you have any zoom extensions installed in Chrome? There are several. To find your extensions in Chrome, I think you can go to Settings. Extensions is a choice on the left. If so, can you disable them?

When you click the chrome menu on the upper right, what does it say in the Zoom section? Is it set to 100%?

Did this just happen to you (as with the OP) when you updated to Windows 8?

Jeanine

Newton...
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
8. Re: Tripadvisor on Chrome Windows 8

edit: Just saw your message Silvia and I've read some of these reports as well. Seems like there are a lot of folks with Samsung computers reporting issues with Windows 8 and loading web pages. DKNV, if this is your computer, I can forward a forum post with some suggested solutions.

Jeanine

9. Re: Tripadvisor on Chrome Windows 8

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, July 18, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
10. Re: Tripadvisor on Chrome Windows 8

I am unable to view Travellers' Photos or expand the content using the "more" button using Chrome ...

Works in IE and i have enable pop ups for TA site...

Anyone else having similar issue?

thanks