We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TA iPad app

Toronto
reviews: 18
TA iPad app

This app keeps freezing. I could not find anywhere else to post this so here is my complaint. Unless the app is updated to work properly, I recommend that nobody uses it. There should be a feedback / support link within the app just like thousands of other apps have.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 69
1. Re: TA iPad app

Hi TorontoHighlander;

TA staff have asked for feedback on the mobile app to be sent to;

www.tripadvisor.com/help/mobile_feedback

I would suggest using that method of feedback, as well as your post here.

Best Regards

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 141
2. Re: TA iPad app

When you contact TA, do mention which Ipad you use as well as your version of iOS and app.

If you realize you're running an old iOS version or an old version of the app, do update first. I use the same app in my iPad 2 and it does not freeze for me. I also don't keep all my apps open at the same time.

Silvia

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 66
3. Re: TA iPad app

I also use the iPad app on an iPad 2, iOS 6, without any problems with it freezing up.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
reviews: 35
4. Re: TA iPad app

I have never had any problem with it freezing. Also using an iPad2 iOS 6.0.1

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 66
5. Re: TA iPad app

The only thing that I see on the iPad app that kind of looks like it freezes is when I try to visit the same forum twice in a row. The app refuses to do that; I have to go to a different forum first before I can revisit the original forum. And you can do anything else in the app - go to reviews, etc. - you just can't go straight back to that forum.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 141
6. Re: TA iPad app

I just tried it CW and got the same problem returning to the same forum. I also see a lot of screen flickering when changing pages. But now I see what the OP could have meant. I just posted this message (editing now). I was unable to go anywhere from this thread. Some scrolling up would show a link to this forum but couldn't manage to keep it in place to click on it (scrolling would not stick to the place I scrolled to). No arrows, no menus, no way of getting out of the forum without closing the app. I'm also using iOS 6.0.1.

Edited: 7:48 pm, January 28, 2013
Newton...
reviews: 13
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
7. Re: TA iPad app

Hi all, posting from an iPad and I will report the issue CW reported with not being able to visit the same forum twice, I see that too. Silvia, I am going to try to repro what you reported and will edit this post after submitting it, Jeanine

Edit, thanks, will enter this too, I wonder if its new? I don't remember this being reported before, thanks!

Edited: 9:29 pm, January 28, 2013
Magog, Canada
reviews: 493
8. Re: TA iPad app

I gave up using the app long ago. I use my app daily but when going to TA I use Safari.

England, United...
reviews: 57
9. Re: TA iPad app

<I gave up using the app long ago. I use my app daily but when going to TA I use Safari.>

Me too.

Magog, Canada
reviews: 493
10. Re: TA iPad app

Sorry for the typo, it should say "I use my iPad daily..."