We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My surf photos were taken off of a surf shop post -- what?"

Fairfield...
reviews: 2
My surf photos were taken off of a surf shop post -- what?"

I am new to trip advisor, wrote a 5 star report on the hotel and the surf shop. Pictures were put up on the hotel. but when I used a pic of me getting up on a surfboard at the age of 58, showing that this shop is awesome, you take photos down? I don't understand and would like to put them up. If I should put images up again, maybe smaller file, let me know that too. ID#: 149201424 Thanks

South Pole
reviews: 39
1. Re: My surf photos were taken off of a surf shop post -- what?"

happy family snaps seem to be a 'no no'. used to be ok but they have clamped down.

Fairfield...
reviews: 2
2. Re: My surf photos were taken off of a surf shop post -- what?"

Thanks Lien, appreciate it. Really, how strange. So for a surf shop then, there really couldn't be any photos put up. To compliment a shop and say that they are so brilliant, check this out....the shop was so excited I was going to do that. BTW I see that so many have posted images the same as mine, that's what bugs me so much. I would like someone from Trip Advisor to get in touch with me too, how is that accomplished?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 59
3. Re: My surf photos were taken off of a surf shop post -- what?"

Hi Nancy,

The forums are primarily member-driven so we're members like you. TA staff will not get in contact with you; you need to contact them. At the bottom of every page, you'll see a Help Center and if you click on that, you'll see help topics and then on the left a contact us. This takes you to two streams; one is general and one specific to reviews. If you're unsure how to contact TA Staff, you can always post on this forum.

What kinds of photographs can be posted?

…custhelp.com/app/…photo

Photos should be mainly of the listing itself. Occasionally you'll see photos that are mainly of people and that's basically all you can see, as lien has mentioned. These photos are more appropriate to a family album or other online photo site. TA Staff have been looking closer at photos to ensure that they meet the photo guidelines.

Kinds of photos you can upload

…custhelp.com/app/…photo

What kinds of photos you can't upload

…custhelp.com/app/…20guidelines

Regards,

L4

South Pole
reviews: 39
4. Re: My surf photos were taken off of a surf shop post -- what?"

btw nancy as a surfer of some 55 years (am 66 now) i should have added.

'good on you"

u are never too old to start!

and once u get bitten by the bug..............................

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 65
5. Re: My surf photos were taken off of a surf shop post -- what?"

>>"...wrote a 5 star report on the hotel and the surf shop. Pictures were put up on the hotel."<<

Welcome to TripAdvisor, Nancy;

Photos are to be of the business reviewed. As your review is of the hotel, photos of a nearby surf shop would be considered irrelevant.

Best Regards

Essex
reviews: 71
6. Re: My surf photos were taken off of a surf shop post -- what?"

OP also has a review of the surf shop in question.

There are lots of other pics of people surfing on that site - IMO some are irrelevent, but those that show the actual lessions and teaching (which it seems is a service the shop provides) surely are relevent?

Llanelli, United...
reviews: 175
7. Re: My surf photos were taken off of a surf shop post -- what?"

My view is that if the pictures relate to an activity or service provided by the establishment in question, they are as relevant as pictures of the establishment itself.

That said, I do agree with TA's crackdown on family album type photos. If I am researching a hotel in paris, I don't want to see someone standing in front of Notre Dame, i want to see the hotel!

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 44
8. Re: My surf photos were taken off of a surf shop post -- what?"

I wish they would crack down on people who post photos of their hotel rooms that are in complete disarray!

Torremolinos, Spain
9. Re: My surf photos were taken off of a surf shop post -- what?"

Carol, you can always report them as inappropriate using the link underneath them :)

CB

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 751
10. Re: My surf photos were taken off of a surf shop post -- what?"

Hi Nancy M and welcome to TripAdvisor. I read your review and looked at many of the photos which were already posted and I cannot see why TA turned down another surfing photo. I'm assuming it was similar to your avatar?

It is a "surf shop", after all!

First question - did the photos actually get posted? Did you see them? Or not? Did you get any notification from TripAdvisor? What did it say?

You said:

>> If I should put images up again, maybe smaller file, <<

What size were yours?