We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Photo Upload Error

Philadelphia...
reviews: 20
Photo Upload Error

I'm getting Error #2032 / Package upload error. Trying to post a 2.3 mb jpg photo to my review. Any suggestions?

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 132
1. Re: Photo Upload Error

Welcome to the Support Forum, RFL1. Like all other Tripadvisor foruns, this is also mainly a member-driven forum. I am a member like you.

I think that is a Flash error. Are you trying to upload from your computer or from a cloud service like Dropbox? If from a cloud service, try copying the file to your computer first, then upload it.

Silvia

Philadelphia...
2. Re: Photo Upload Error

Hi Silvia,

I'm trying to upload from my computer.

Robin

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 59
3. Re: Photo Upload Error

Have you tried clearing your cache and deleting your TA cookies. Then restart your browser. As Silvia says, this can be related to Adobe Flash (occasionally due to some cookies becoming corrupt). Could you try that and let us know the outcome?

Thanks,

L4

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 132
4. Re: Photo Upload Error

Assuming you're using the latest version of flash, I can only suggest that you delete your browser's cache and try again, one photo at a time. If that doesn't work, bump this thread to the top of the page tomorrow. Hopefully TA_Jeanine (TA Staff) will see your post and come to the rescue.

Silvia

Newton...
reviews: 12
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
5. Re: Photo Upload Error

HI RFL1,

I agree with Silvia and L4 that this seems like a Flash error. We do hear about this error occasionally and I am not sure what the cause is. Can you try temporarily disabling Flash in your browser to see if this fixes things? Which browser do you use and we can give you instructions on doing this.

Kind Regards,

TA_Jeanine

Philadelphia...
6. Re: Photo Upload Error

Thanks all. My browser is Internet Explorer. Instructions would be great!

Newton...
7. Re: Photo Upload Error

Hi RFL1:

To temporarily disable flash in IE, try these steps:

1. Go to Tools and choose Internet Options

2. Click the program tab

3. Click manage add-ons

4. In the Show drop-down menu, choose "All add-ons"

5. You should see a section for Adobe, and in this section, you should see Shockwave flash object.

Disable this and try again to upload your photo (you may need to refresh the page first). You'll see a slightly different version of our photo uploader page.

Please let us know if this works for you!

Jeanine

Philadelphia...
8. Re: Photo Upload Error

That worked! Thank you, Jeanine.

Newton...
9. Re: Photo Upload Error

Oh great!

Would you mind if we took a look at your photo? Since we cannot reproduce this error here, our engineers are wondering if there is something with particular photos that may cause this. If we can get your photo and reproduce this error, we'll be able to fix it.

If this would be ok with you, can I message you an email address to attach your photo to so that we can use it as a test?

Cheers,

Jeanien

Philadelphia...
10. Re: Photo Upload Error

Yes, of course.