We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grrrr! Review deleted - no notification & no explanation!

Hunter Valley, NSW
reviews: 21
Grrrr! Review deleted - no notification & no explanation!

The dodgy owner of the place I reviewed emailed & said he was going to have my review deleted (I use my real name as a username & he matched it to the booking).

Everything in my review was accurate. I have bank statements to prove one of my facts & I have a medical certificate to prove another of my facts.

I'm not sure if I can really trust TA for advice if an owner can have a negative review removed when the review was completely accurate!

23 replies to this topic
Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 4
11. Re: Grrrr! Review deleted - no notification & no explanation!

Thanks for the link. ALL of my 30+ reviews have now been removed and I'm working on my ratings being removed as well. 100 down....256 to go.

As for the photos.....they aren't budging. I've tried numerous times but as was the case with the reviews....it probably takes some time for the system to refresh.

Offended by an anonymous person? Not on your life. I rarely get offended when I consider the source.

Cheers.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 685
12. Re: Grrrr! Review deleted - no notification & no explanation!

We all hope you are happy now that you have removed your reviews, G-L :-)

Chester, United...
reviews: 45
13. Re: Grrrr! Review deleted - no notification & no explanation!

G-L

Out of interest what have you gained from having all your reviews and ratings removed???

Edmonton, Canada
14. Re: Grrrr! Review deleted - no notification & no explanation!

FFman,

I'd reply to your question but as I recall, I already did in another post and it was *removed* by the community. I will however try again.

Trip Adviser ( correct spelling BTW ) in reality makes members do their work for them by having their members eagerly review the places they have been.

I decided not to *work* for them anymore, as they also decide which reviews to publish. IF their decisions were intelligent ones I'd have no problem with them, but the last review I wrote which was truthful, factual and children friendly was removed ( never published ) and when asked for a reason I was told that a reason could not be given to me. In laymans terms.....*It's OUR decision, suck it up * In sucking it up, I decided not to participate any longer in their free work for no compensation program. I treat telemarketers and telephone survey people the same way. It's MY information and it's private.

I do hope you understand.

Regards,

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 64
15. Re: Grrrr! Review deleted - no notification & no explanation!

dictionary.reference.com/browse/advisor

Edmonton, Canada
16. Re: Grrrr! Review deleted - no notification & no explanation!

reference.com/motif/…advisor-vs-adviser

I was educated in England. I speak English. *English* not American English.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 685
17. Re: Grrrr! Review deleted - no notification & no explanation!

>> it was *removed* by the community. <<

That is because your post was in violation of the posting guidelines.

>> It's MY information and it's private.<<

Ah, so you'll not be posting any information in the forums either? After all, anything you say is YOUR information, isn't it? No sharing ;-)

Torremolinos, Spain
18. Re: Grrrr! Review deleted - no notification & no explanation!

Isn't the Forum "public" ????

Also, TA is an American company, hence the spelling difference :)

After all, it is all over their merchandise lol.

CB

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 124
19. Re: Grrrr! Review deleted - no notification & no explanation!

Gillian,,

You know, I read your other post where you asked how to remove your reviews and photos. You were also given a link to close your account and you declined, saying you didn't want to close your account.

If you have an issue with Tripadvisor and don't want to share your experiences with the rest of us, why don't just leave this community? As for you to keep on reading all other members' reviews and forum advice does not seem fair to me.

I, like most members, contribute for the benefit of other travelers. Whether Tripadvisor makes money or not from providing us with this platform is totally irrelevant to me. I contribute to thank others whose reviews and advice have helped so much in planning my travels.

Happy holidays,

Silvia

20. Re: Grrrr! Review deleted - no notification & no explanation!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 am, January 14, 2013

Reply to: Grrrr! Review deleted - no notification & no explanation!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted