We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 Reviews of my business have disappeared all at once, why?

Huaraz
reviews: 66
10 Reviews of my business have disappeared all at once, why?

10 reviews of my agency have disappeared yesterday, all at once.

Does anyone know how or why this has happened?

I'm trying to get in touch with Trip Advisor directly, but it seems impossible to just send an email to them.

Since some of the reviews have been on the site for a while, I cannot understand why they have suddenly disappeared.

I would be most grateful if anyone could help me with this matter.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete, TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 137
1. Re: 10 Reviews of my business have disappeared all at once, why?

Hi Marie,

Could you be so kind to post again on the Owners' forum and provide a link to your listing? I or another Support Forum De or owner can assist you. Here are instructions to get to the forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k5056048…

Silvia

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 12
2. Re: 10 Reviews of my business have disappeared all at once, why?

is it a tour agency- or just what sort of business?

I have sensed that TA has been "cleaning up " some areas where they allowed reviews to be posted for types of businesses that they actually don't allow any longer.. and multi day tour agencies are one of those types- there may be others as well- so mayybe a little more clarity about what sort of agency it is may help- and do these represent all reviews or just some for your business?

Huaraz
reviews: 66
3. Re: 10 Reviews of my business have disappeared all at once, why?

I own a travel agency in Huaraz, Peru.

Here is the link:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g304039-d3…

If reviews for this type of business are no longer allowed, why did they delete only ten and not the other 30 as well?

It seems strange that they don't allow these types of reviews as they are so many travel agencies listed on Trip Advisor.

Thanks for your help :)

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
4. Re: 10 Reviews of my business have disappeared all at once, why?

Your listing is for the day tours part of your business. That is allowed. Multi-day tours are not. If you also offer multi-day tours, those tours cannot be reviewed. If they are, Tripadvisor will remove those reviews once they notice or a member reports them.

Silvia

Portland, Oregon
5. Re: 10 Reviews of my business have disappeared all at once, why?

Why are multi-day tours not allowed? I just had the same problem... sent a nice email out to previous Customers to ask for reviews, got a couple of really great ones listed, and then all of a sudden they were removed (along with all the photos). Bummer, was really looking forward to using Tripadvisor to handle the review portion of my business...

-Evan

www.beercycling.com

Edited: 5:33 pm, February 21, 2013
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
6. Re: 10 Reviews of my business have disappeared all at once, why?

Evan,

Only day tours and reviews for that portion of your business are allowed. I've been on Tripadvisor for six years and multi-day and overnight tours have never been allowed. We don't know why. It is Tripadvisor's decision and their site, after all.

You probably didn't check the listing criteria before getting your listing:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/GetListedNew

Are you aware of the owners' forum? That's where you should post any business-related questions. Here, take a look at this page:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k5056048…

Silvia

Portland, Oregon
7. Re: 10 Reviews of my business have disappeared all at once, why?

Hey Silvia,

Thanks for the info. Just curious... there appear to be several other companies on the site that offer multi-day tours. Here is an example:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294314-d1…

So it appears there is a way to get an exception to the rule? Any idea how I can qualify / who to contact?

Cheers,

-Evan

8. Re: 10 Reviews of my business have disappeared all at once, why?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:41 pm, February 21, 2013
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
9. Re: 10 Reviews of my business have disappeared all at once, why?

You're welcome, Evan.

The only exception TA makes Is to list companies that provide both day and multi-day tours, but only for the day tour portion of their business which is what can get reviewed. Needless to say many companies appear to have created just a few day tours only to get listed. Then they only get reviews for multiday tours and those are all removed. Yes, they get posted but it is just a matter of time for TA to catch up with these reviews.

In my opinion, there are some attractions worldwide that cannot be done in a single day and TA should allow for those listings. One is obviously the Inca Trail as you point out.

Sorry for the bad news. You are listed already. So if you do offer day beer cycling trips, you can ask those guests for reviews. Otherwise, you may want to inform TA to remove your listing.

Silvia

Portland, Oregon
10. Re: 10 Reviews of my business have disappeared all at once, why?

Hi Silvia,

Sorry for the hassle. I really do appreciate all of your responses. But... if you look at the example link I sent above, there are dozens and dozens of reviews for their 4 and 5-day tours going all the way back to 2009/2010. So there appears to be some sort of disconnect in the information/rules/monitoring/etc... how can I get an "official" response on what types of businesses and reviews are allowed? I'd love to be able to market myself in a similar fashion to the Inca Trail tours.

Here is another example:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g293890-d1…

The company offers multi-day hiking tours to Mt. Everest Base Camp (I've been there, it's awesome) - But they use "Day Tour" as the company name. If you look at all the reviews (Even going back over a year) they are all for their week+ long tours. They don't offer any day tours. So, is all that is needed is to change my company name to "Day Tours" and it will pass the TripAdvisor "screening filter"? This sounds shady. But if that's what it takes, then OK I guess?? :/

Cheers, -Evan

Edited: 2:07 am, February 22, 2013